Sunday, February 25, 2024

Chinese Steamed Eggs #SundayFunday

This method of cooking eggs results in a smooth and silky custard-like dish that you can garnish with any flavors you want.  I served mine with chopped scallions and a little chili oil.  So delicious......

Chinese Steamed Eggs

The Sunday Funday Bloggers are serving up Hot Breakfasts today......
Sunday Funday Logo
Stacy of Food Lust People Love informed us that February is National Hot Breakfast Month.  Not surprising since, at least in my neck of the woods, February is typically the coldest month of the year.  I am happy to have all these ideas to send my family off with a warm, comforting start to their day.


Chinese Steamed Eggs pin

We also celebrate Lunar New Year/Spring Festival in February, so we have been enjoying a lot of Asian Foods.  I found this recipe when researching for our Chinese New Year celebration.

This recipe requires each serving to be steamed for 10 minutes before serving.  My steamer basket only holds one ramekin of this size.  The ramekin contains 2 eggs or one serving.  I find it best served on the days we eat in shifts. 

Marissa needs to leave the house at 7 to get to work so she eats first.  Then I can make Frank's serving and I steam another while he eats for Rae who doesn't have to be at college until 9.  I had mine before anyone else in the house was stirring, other than the dogs whose breakfast time is 6 AM sharp!!


Breakfast, Eggs, Asian
Breakfast
Asian
Yield: 1 serving
Author: Wendy Klik
Chinese Steamed Eggs

Chinese Steamed Eggs

This method of cooking eggs results in a smooth and silky custard-like dish that you can garnish with any flavors you want. I served mine with chopped scallions and a little chili oil.
Prep time: 1 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 11 Min

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 c. warm water
  • desired garnishes- I used scallions and chili oil

Instructions

  1. Whisk together the eggs and salt until combined and small bubbles form.
  2. Carefully whisk in the water until thoroughly combined.
  3. Pour this mixture through a fine sieve into a ramekin and cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Pierce a small hole in the center of the plastic wrap with a sharp knife.
  4. Place in a steamer rack set over simmering water, cover, and steam for 10 minutes.
  5. Garnish with desired toppings and serve.

Notes

Recipe adapted from one found at Budget Bytes.

Topping ideas~~chili oil, scallions, chives, sesame seeds, soy sauce, shrimp.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

127.76

Fat (grams)

8.38 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

2.75 g

Carbs (grams)

1.07 g

Fiber (grams)

0.16 g

Net carbs

0.91 g

Sugar (grams)

0.47 g

Protein (grams)

11.2 g

Sodium (milligrams)

176.51 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

327.36 mg

10 comments:

  1. Your little peek into the family routine made me smile this morning, Wendy! Dogs always eat first at our house too. I have a steamer that can fit two, maybe even three, ramekins so this recipe is perfect for the two of us. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever had steamed eggs...but they sound pretty delicious. I'm excited to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like them Colleen. This was my first time as well.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a busy morning for you!!! I'm going to try this with a stacked Chinese bamboo steamer. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I would love to make this on all the working days, such an easy healthy recipe and I am sorted on all those busy mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time trying them but I enjoyed them very much.

      Delete
  5. A perfect and healthy steamed eggs.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.