Friday, February 16, 2024

Remembering Egypt with a Casual Gathering and the Weekly Menu

 It has been 4 months since our trip to Egypt and Scuba Diving in the Red Sea.  Sunday afternoon the gang is coming over to share memories and have some laughs.  It is always a good time when we are together with our "Dive Family".

Scuba Divers

Normally for an after-dive gathering, I serve a meal from the destination we had visited, however, when we were planning this gathering Mickey called me and told me she had received a gift of Jamon Serrano.  A whole ham that she wished to bring to the gathering.  This makes my life very easy.   We are putting out the ham along with some sides and making Bocadillos. 

Bocadillo is a Spanish Sandwich containing Jamon (Serrano ham),  Manchego Cheese, and Roasted Red Peppers on a Baguette. I am also going to make a couple of soups to serve in crockpots.  I had a request for Chili and I will also serve Shorbet Ads, an Egyptian Lentil Soup, to bring back memories and to offer a meatless option.  The others will be bringing appetizers, salads, and desserts.

I am sharing our Weekly Menu with you today.  Hard to believe we are coming up to the end of February.  Tomorrow I will be spending the day prepping for Sunday so I think we will order pizza for dinner.  Thursday we are going to Pretty Woman, the Musical, and will have dinner out before the show.

What's on your menu this week?

Saturday
Pizza

Sunday-Egypt Potluck
Shorbet Ads
Build your own Bocadillos

Monday
Ham and Cheese Omelets (using leftover ham)

Tuesday
Mashed Potatoes
Buttered Corn

Wok Wednesday

Thursday
Out for dinner before the Theater

Friday
Salmon Cakes
Tater Tots
Green Beans



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time to be had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you, Frank, and the rest of the Egyptian Gang! I’m getting hungry just reading this! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Indian Spiced Chili sounds delicious. I am going to give that a try this weekend. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.