Friday, May 24, 2019

Tuscan Tuna Steaks #BBQWeek

Enjoy your next Fish Friday on the patio with a cocktail or glass of wine and these delicious herb rubbed tuna steaks grilled to a perfect medium rare in a matter of minutes.


Today is the final day of BBQ Week and we are going out with a bang........



I want to thank Ellen of Family Around the Table and Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for all of their hard work in making this event so successful.

I missed posting yesterday.  I had planned to make these Tuna Steaks on Wednesday.  I served them with a side salad made of white beans that I was going to post on Thursday.  Then, life got in the way and we ended up eating dinner out on Wednesday which meant my salad wasn't made and posted.



Oh well, into the archives it goes and I will share it with you at another time.  We did have these delicious tuna steaks last night.  Not only did I serve the bean salad but I also started with some amazing stuffed grilled Portabellas.  I paired it all with a sparkling Lambrusco and will be sharing that recipe and my thoughts on the pairing on the first Saturday of June.


This recipe comes from Rachel Ray's television show, 30 Minute Meals.  I don't know about you but when summer hits I want to spend my time enjoying Friday nights with a bottle of wine, a wonderful, easy dinner and a soak in the pool.  This recipe fits the bill.

The white bean salad is a perfect accompaniment that takes about 2 minutes to make.  Toss together a green salad and call it a night. TGIF......



#fish, #tuna, #herbs
Entrees, Fish, Grilling
Italian
Yield: 6 servings
Author:

Tuscan Tuna Steaks

Enjoy your next Fish Friday on the patio with a cocktail or glass of wine and these delicious herb rubbed tuna steaks grilled to a perfect medium rare in a matter of minutes.
prep time: 15 Mcook time: 8 Mtotal time: 23 M

ingredients:

  • 6  Yellowfin Tuna Steaks
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • leaves of 1 sprig rosemary
  • handful of Italian parsley leaves
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. to taste
  • 2 t. olive oil

instructions:

How to cook Tuscan Tuna Steaks

  1. Pat the tuna steaks with paper towels to dry them.  Set aside.
  2. Place the lemon zest, rosemary leaves, parsley, and garlic cloves onto a cutting board in a pile.  Finely chop with a knife and transfer to a small bowl.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add the olive oil and mix to combine.
  3. Rub the herb paste on both sides of the tuna steaks.  Let rest for 10 minutes.  
  4. Heat a gas grill to medium high heat while the steaks rest.  Grill tuna for 4 minutes per side for medium rare.

NOTES:

Adapted from a recipe by Rachel Ray
Calories
237.48
Fat (grams)
8.96
Sat. Fat (grams)
3.10
Carbs (grams)
2.77
Fiber (grams)
0.92
Net carbs
1.86
Sugar (grams)
0.45
Protein (grams)
34.99
Sodium (milligrams)
167.98
Cholesterol (grams)
75.68
Created using The Recipes Generator


2 comments:

  1. We've been making tuna steaks in a similar way -- works really well! We use a fish basket so that they don't stick and flake apart, and we cook over live charcoal rather than a gas grill.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.