Thursday, May 16, 2019

Calzone Bundt #BundtBakers


Pizza in a Bundt pan?  Yep this tasty Calzone is shaped into a roll, placed into a Bundt pan and baked to a golden brown with an ooey, gooey center for a fun dinner presentation.


Join the Bundt Bakers today as we explore the world of Savory Bundts........

When my friend Sneha, of Sneha's Recipe invited us to share a savory Bundt my first thought was to go for breakfast as I did in this Mexican Breakfast Bundt that was absolutely delicious.

As you can see, I changed my mind and you will be glad I did because this is a Bundt that will be sure to please your family come dinner time.

So will these other Savory Bundts being shared today.......

I am so happy to have some new dinner ideas.  Sometimes when making my Weekly Menu I feel that I am lacking creativity.  That won't be a problem when I add some of these creations to my line up.

The Bundt that I'm sharing today was actually a spur of the moment thing.  The Teen had some friends over to spend the night and I had bought the makings for a pizza pie.  Inspiration hit when I remembered this challenge and I decided to turn that pizza into a Calzone baked in a Bundt Pan.


So I rolled my Easy Weeknight Pizza Dough into an oval instead of a round.  Then I placed a row of pepperoni slices, overlapping, down the center and sprinkled on some shredded Mozzarella cheese.


I added a small amount of sauce that I made down the center and served the rest at the table for people to add as desired.  I am including the sauce in this recipe and it is so easy and delicious I think you will want to try it but if you prefer you can use pre-made sauce and just rewarm when ready to place on the table.  Then I sprinkled some Parmesan cheese over the sauce but didn't take a photo.


Rolled it into a loaf, pinching the edges together and placed it into the Bundt pan.


15-20 minutes in a hot oven and dinner is ready to be served. 


I threw together a Caesar Salad while the Bundt baked and had 3 very happy Teens as well as a happy Hubby.  Life was good and easy peasy.





Pizza, #calzone, #pepperoni, #cheese
Entrees, Pizza
Italian Fusion
Yield: 4-6
Author:

Calzone Bundt

Pizza in a Bundt pan? Yep this tasty Calzone is shaped into a roll, placed into a Bundt pan and baked to a golden brown with an ooey, gooey center for a fun dinner presentation.

ingredients:

  • 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 t. Dried Italian herbs, crushed
  • 2 T. tomato paste
  • 1 portion pizza dough, store bought or homemade
  • 20-30 pepperoni slices
  • 1 c. shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan Cheese

instructions:

How to cook Calzone Bundt

  1. Heat oil in a sauce pan over med high heat.  Add the onions, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian Herbs.  Cook until onion is tender.  Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste.  Stir and cook until mixture comes to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until thickened.  Puree mixture, using a blender, food processor or immersion blender.  Remove 1/2 c. and set aside to cool.
  2. Roll dough into an oblong shape.  Arrange the pepperoni, overlapping down the center of the dough, lengthwise.  Sprinkle with Mozzarella.  Spoon the tomato sauce in dollops over the pepperoni and Mozzrella.  Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
  3. Roll the dough over the filling, pinching the dough together to seal.  Shape the loaf into a round and pinch together ends to make a round.  Place into a bundt pan that has been treated with cooking spray.
  4. Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped.  Serve with additional tomato sauce on the side.
Calories
246.89
Fat (grams)
16.72
Sat. Fat (grams)
6.95
Carbs (grams)
12.03
Fiber (grams)
2.00
Net carbs
10.02
Sugar (grams)
4.36
Protein (grams)
12.98
Sodium (milligrams)
688.28
Cholesterol (grams)
33.30
Created using The Recipes Generator
BundtBakers

#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.


6 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.