Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Thai Burger #FantasticalFoodFight

Ground pork, diced bacon and Thai flavorings combine to make this juicy, flavorful burger.  Top it with a spicy coleslaw mixture and you have a complete dinner.


We are having a Burger Showdown today over at Fantastical Food Fight and I think I may have this one in the bag!!!


Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes challenges us each month to duke it out over a theme or ingredient and see which of us comes up with the recipe that KO's all the others.  This month our theme is Burgers.

Here are the contenders.........

Inlinkz Link Party

Every year when the weather starts warming the first thing that I want to do is make burgers on the grill.  I love burgers and we do enjoy them during the winter but, in my humble opinion, nothing beats a char broiled burger.



For my recipe this month I made an absolutely magnificent Thai flavored burger.  It was quick, easy and scrumptious.  I adapted it from a recipe at Better Homes and Garden.  My adaptations were mostly to reduce the heat of these burgers.  I used much less Thai seasoning and Siracha because my hubby is spice sensitive.


Frank thought they were good and said that he was glad that I kept the spices down because this was a spicy as he could handle.  The Teen and I started laughing because we couldn't taste any spice at all.  We have decided that the next time I make these burgers we will sprinkle on some extra Thai spice mix on our patties LOL.


The cole slaw is the perfect topping for these burgers.  No other toppings are needed.  I adapted by decreasing the amount of Siracha and using Avocado Mayo for the dressing.


This is a delicious burger and one that I am sure to make again this summer, probably several times.



#burgers, #thai, #pork, #coleslaw, #bacon,
Entrees, Grilling
Thai
Yield: 4 servings
Author:

Thai Pork Burgers

Ground pork, diced bacon and Thai flavorings combine to make this juicy, flavorful burger. Top it with a spicy coleslaw mixture and you have a complete dinner.
prep time: 10 Mcook time: 15 Mtotal time: 25 M

ingredients:

  • 1 lb. ground pork
  • 5 slices, thick cut bacon, diced
  • 1/4 c. coco aminos or soy sauce
  • 1/2 T. Thai Seasoning
  • 1 shallot, chopped
  • 3 T. chopped cilantro
  • 2 T. chopped lemongrass
  • 1 T. ginger paste
  • 1 T. minced garlic
  • 1 lime
  • 2 T. avocado mayonnaise
  • 1 t. Siracha sauce
  • 1 1/2 c. Cole Slaw mix
  • 4 hamburger buns

instructions:

How to cook Thai Pork Burgers

  1. Zest the lime into a bowl.  Reserve the lime itself for the coleslaw.
  2. Add the pork, bacon, coconut aminos (soy sauce), Thai spice, shallots, cilantro. lemongrass, garlic and ginger to the lime zest.  Using clean hands,  mix well to combine.  Divide into 4 equal portions and form into patties.
  3. Cook on a grill, covered over med high heat for about 8 minutes.  Flip and cook for another 5 minutes or so, until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165*.
  4. While burgers are cooking, whisk together the juice of 1/2 the remaining lime, mayo and siracha.  Add the coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
  5. Place one burger on each bun and top with 1/4 of the coleslaw mixture.

NOTES:

Recipe adapted from one found at Better Homes and Gardens.
Calories
752.79
Fat (grams)
45.23
Sat. Fat (grams)
13.12
Carbs (grams)
43.29
Fiber (grams)
4.94
Net carbs
38.35
Sugar (grams)
12.71
Protein (grams)
41.63
Sodium (milligrams)
1593.60
Cholesterol (grams)
129.47
Created using The Recipes Generator





8 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. Love the bacon in the burger. And all of those Asian flavors! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was Karen. It will be a repeated pleasure for sure.

      Delete
  2. The coleslaw sounds SO GOOD!! Glad you joined in this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually seem to like that coleslaw... love the idea of using it as an topping in burger...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.