I tossed around a lot of ideas when choosing what I would make. I had made a lemon and rosemary bundt when our theme was weird flavor combinations. The rosemary lent a savory feel to the cake, even though it was sweet. I thought about going with an herbal concoction of some sort. Then I remembered that for the Cinnamon Bundt challenge, I had made Monkey Bread, which is very sweet but used biscuits. This got me thinking of different pull apart breads. I had made some amazing Garlic pull apart rolls using biscuits, so I was thinking of maybe something pizza like. I was pretty set on that idea and then I was planning a brunch and wanted to make a Mexican Strata. Palm strike to the head moment.....why not make a strata using biscuits in the bundt? Well, why not, I thought. So, I did.
I started out browning up some chorizo and onions.
Transferred the Chorizo to a bowl.
Added cheese, salsa and green chiles.
Added biscuits from a can, that I cut into quarters.
And 9 eggs that I had seasoned with salt and pepper and whisked.
Why 9?...That's how many I had LOL...use 10, 11 or 12 if you want.
Poured all of it into a bundt pan that I had sprayed very liberally with cooking spray.
Baked at 350* for 30 minutes.
It came out fluffy and beautifully browned.
I let it cool in the pan before attempting to remove it to a platter.
Praying the entire 15 minutes or so.
I ran a spatula around the edges before turning it onto a plate.
It stuck a little as you can see but not too badly.
I cut it into slices and served it by the plate since I was a little disappointed with the presentation.
It may not be beautiful but it is absolutely, mouth wateringly, delicious.
You know it is a hit when everyone went back for seconds and a couple of them went back for thirds.
It does a cook's heart good to see their food enjoyed and appreciated.
Serve this up at your next brunch, it's good for your heart.
Mexican Breakfast Bundt
1 lb. Chorizo, removed from casings
1/2 small onion, diced
1 c. salsa
1 (3 oz) can diced green chiles, drained
2 c. Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1 can biscuits, cut into quarters
9 eggs, whisked
salt and pepper to taste
Brown chorizo and onions in med skillet over med high heat. Remove to a bowl and let cool slightly. Add salsa, chiles and cheese, stir to combine. Add the biscuits and eggs that have been seasoned with salt and pepper. Fold into sausage mixture and pour into a bundt pan that has been treated with cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a spatula around all edges and turn onto a plate. Serve with extra salsa and sour cream, if desired. Print Recipe
Look at all these wonderful savory bundts being shared today!!
- Bacon Cheddar Beer Bundt by The Queen of Scones
- Blue Cheese and Pear Mini Bundt Cakes by Patty's Cake
- Breakfast Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Dukkah, Herb & Cheese Monkey Bread by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Ham, Carrot & Beer Bundtlettes by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Mexican Breakfast Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini Meatloaf Bundts and Sliders by Magnolia Days
- Rosemary, Olive Oil & Polenta Bundt by The Cinnamon Scrolls
- Sausage & Apple Cornbread Bundt Cake with a White Gravy Drizzle by The Freshman Cook
- Savory Zucchini Cheesecake by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Honey Drenched Jalapeño Cornbread by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Stromboli Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
- "Tastes Like Pizza" Bundt by Sew You Think You Can Cook
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.