Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up and Revised Weekly Menu

What a great and busy weekend we had and it doesn't look as if it is slowing down for the week either.  While at the wedding last night we learned that a dear family friend was remaining in town until Tuesday so we are having her and a friend of hers for dinner tonight.  This means that I am revising my Weekly Menu because it just doesn't seem right to serve company a Meatless Monday meal of Tomato Panini and Corn on the Cob.  Also, since I changed Monday's menu I will also need to change Wednesday's menu so that I can use up the rest of the chicken that I take out for today.  A couple of weeks ago I had Chicken Marsala on the menu (one of  Frank's favorite meals) but had to remove it and replace it with Chicken Stir-Fry.  So I am adding that to this weeks menu so here we go.......

Revised Weekly Menu

Monday
Chicken Marsala
Fettuccine Alfredo
Glazed Carrots
Apple Crumb Pie

Tuesday
Date Night

Wednesday
Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
Steamed Rice
Stir-fry Vegetables

Thursday
Stuffed Cabbage
Mashed Potatoes
Corn

Fish Friday
Shrimp Pad Thai

Please join me each day as I post photos and printable recipes.  You can also find great recipe ideas at Menu Plan Monday.


Apple Crumb Pie

Preheat oven to 400*

1 Pie Crust
5 cups of Apples, cored, peeled and cut into 8ths. (I use 3 different types of apples, 2 of each usually equals 5 cups.
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Place crust into deep dish pie pan.  Toss apples with cinnamon and sugar.  Pour into crust.

3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
6 T. butter, cut into tablespoon portions

Pulse flour, sugar and butter in food processor until crumbly.  Pour over apples.  Bake for 35-40 min or until apples are tender.  If the topping is getting too brown you can cover with foil while it finishes baking.  Print Recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.