Friday, July 9, 2021

Char Sui Pork and Noodle Stir Fry and The Weekly Menu

I had pulled a package of pork tenderloin out of the freezer intending to make Island Pork Tenderloin on the Grill.  Well, you know how it goes....the best made plans and all that.....Life got in the way, the dinner didn't get made and those pork tenderloin were still in my refrigerator.  Thankfully, they were cryovaced so I wasn't desperate.

A couple of days later I was snooping in the refrigerator trying to decide what to make for dinner when I spied that package of pork tenderloin.  I opened it and used one of the tenderloins for this dinner and the other to make some Mexican Pork Kebabs that I will be sharing another day.

Char Sui Pork and Noodle Stir Fry


I decided to make char sui pork as I had a half jar of char sui bbq sauce in the refrigerator needing to be used.  I cut the pork into strips to cut down the marination time needed.  A friend had given me one of her first heads of bok choy from her garden and I had some rice noodles in my pantry.  

I could feel an idea forming.  I sliced the pork, massaged the bbq sauce all over it and put it in the refrigerator until dinner time.  Then I took the Teen shopping and came back to help Frank with some yard work while the Teen went off to play.....do you see something wrong with this picture?!!  LOL...The Teen went up to a local festival, in the neighboring town with my great nephew and some of his friends. 

When we came inside, I put the noodles into some hot water to soak, sliced up half a Vidalia onion, and the head of Bok Choy.  Then it was just a matter of heating up some peanut oil and cooking the pork.  Don't be put off by the color.  The Char Sui turns it a lovely shade of pink.

Next went in the onions, bok choy and some minced garlic.  Return the pork to the wok along with a little more bbq sauce and some fish sauce.  Drain the noodles and add to the wok, tossing and coating with the sauce until incorporated with the pork and veggies and heated through.  Turn into a bowl and serve.  

Frank told me to write this recipe down before I forgot it because it was a keeper.  I'm happy to share it with you today.  

Stir Fry, Entrees, Pork, BBQ, Bok Choy, Onions, Garlic
Entrees, Pork
Chinese
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Char Sui Pork and Noodle Stir Fry

Char Sui Pork and Noodle Stir Fry

Pork tenderloin marinated in Char Sui Sauce and then quickly stir fried in peanut oil with bok choy and onions before being tossed with rice noodles for a quick one pan meal.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 30 MinInactive time: 1 HourTotal time: 1 H & 40 M

Ingredients

  • 1 pork tenderloin, silver skin removed, slice into bite size pieces
  • 1/4 c. Char Sui Sauce
  • 1 T. peanut oil
  • 1 head bok choy, chopped
  • 1/2 Vidalia onion, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 8 oz. rice linguini noodles

Instructions

  1. Place the tenderloin slices and the Char Sui sauce in a plastic bag and massage until all pieces are coated.  Remove the air from the bag, seal and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to 8 hrs.
  2. Place the noodles into a bowl or pan (I used a loaf pan) and cover with hot water, stirring to seperate.  Let sit for about half an hour while you prepare the rest of the meal.
  3. Heat the oil in a wok over med high heat.  Add the pork and stir fry for about 5 minutes until cooked through, reserving any sauce in the bag.
  4. Remove the pork to a plate and set aside. Add the onion, bok choy and garlic to the pan and stir fry until crisp tender, about 4 or 5 minutes.  Return the pork to the pan.  Drain the noodles and add to the pan along with any reserved Char Sui Sauce.  Toss and cook until warmed through and coated.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

303.36

Fat (grams)

7.37

Sat. Fat (grams)

1.44

Carbs (grams)

42.79

Fiber (grams)

2.82

Net carbs

39.97

Sugar (grams)

4.46

Protein (grams)

15.49

Sodium (milligrams)

184.20

Cholesterol (grams)

25.10
<!--END The Recipe Box--

I am also sharing my Weekly Menu with you today.  The tile in my bathroom is completed.  I am so excited. They are doing the grout today.   The closet and cabinets will go in this week and we should be moving back into our own bedroom by the end of the week.  It's been a long six weeks but I think it is worth it.

On Friday I am cooking for a Parish Dinner so Wednesday and Thursday will be spent preparing for that.  I am sharing my menu for that evening as part of my Weekly menu since that is where we will be dining after everyone else is served.

Saturday
New England Shrimp Boil

Sunday Supper
Italian Stew

Meatless Monday
Mushroom Bourguignon (Moved from last week)

Taco Tuesday
Chili Burritos

Wednesday
Macaroni Shrimp Salad

Thursday
Hot Dogs 
Baked Beans

Friday-Parish Dinner
Mixed Greens with Poppyseed Dressing
Chicken Picatta
Mashed Potatoes
Pasta with Lemon Cream
Vegetable Medley
Strawberry Shortcake




No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.