Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Pork and Cabbage Stir Fry #KitchenMatrixCookingProject

Pork and Cabbage are naturals together but it doesn't have to take all day to serve it up for dinner.  This stir fry using ground pork and shredded cabbage is on the table in minutes, giving you all the classic, comforting flavors in the middle of the week...


We are reaching the conclusion of our Kitchen Matrix Cooking Project........



At the beginning of 2018 our friend, Cam of Culinary Adventures of Camilla, invited Karen of Karen's Kitchen Stories and I to join her in a year long project cooking through Mark Bittman's Kitchen Matrix cookbook.


We have posted every Tuesday throughout the year taking turns picking themes from the cookbook.  It has been fun and I have enjoyed it.  Mostly I have just enjoyed knowing that at least once a week I would be in virtual contact with these lovely ladies.

With Thanksgiving around the corner, I have been contemplating all for which I am grateful.  Family and Friends are, of course, on the top of that list.  The friends in my blogging community are right up there too.  I have not had the pleasure of meeting all of my blogging friends in person. I have met a few including Camilla and I look forward to seeing her again the next time I take a trip out west to see my brother.

I am choosing the topics for this month's project.  This week I chose the section in the cookbook called Cabbage + 12 Ways.  Lets take a look at what Cam and Karen were inspired to make........



I made this easy and delicious stir fry as a weeknight meal. It was a huge hit. I know that your family will enjoy it as much as mine.



#stirfry, #pork, #cabbage, #healthy, #quick, #easy, #peanuts, #onepotmeals,
Pork, Entrees, One Pot Meals
Asian Fusion
Yield: 4 servingsPin it

Pork and Cabbage Stir Fry

prep time: 5 minscook time: 15 minstotal time: 20 mins
Pork and Cabbage are naturals together but it doesn't have to take all day to serve it up for dinner. This stir fry using ground pork and shredded cabbage is on the table in minutes, giving you all the classic, comforting flavors in the middle of the week...

ingredients:

1 lb. ground pork
salt and pepper, to taste
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. ginger paste
1/2 large or 1 small head Napa Cabbage, shredded
3/4 c. roasted peanuts without skins
Steamed rice for serving, if desired

instructions:

Season the pork with salt and pepper.  Cook until brown and crumbly in a wok set over med high heat.  Add the garlic and ginger, stir fry until fragrant, about half a minute.  Add the cabbage and cook, stirring, until wilted.  Stir in the peanuts and serve over hot steamed rice, if desired.

NOTES:

Inspired by a recipe found in the Kitchen Matrix cookbook by Mark Bittman.
Created using The Recipes Generator

4 comments:

  1. Pork and cabbage do go so well together, especially with Asian flavors. This would be great stuffed in tacos I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I have everything I need to make this. Tomorrow, though, because tonight I have local lingcod from our CSF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy it as much as we Cam and once again I am jealous of your CSF.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.