Monday, March 23, 2015

Little Miss meets the Easter Bunny

We had a very nice day yesterday.  We went to Mass in the morning and then out to breakfast.  Then we took a ride along the river and looked at all the ice flows that had broken up an were moving rapidly.  We ended up at a Mall in the area where we had Little Miss Melody's photo taken with the Easter Bunny!!


When we got home, I put dinner together.  I made Braised Beef Rolls so once they were put together they slow cooked for the entire afternoon.  This gave me time to go through all the wonderful posts and recipes to the #SundaySupper Spring Fling.  When you have a free moment you are going to want to stop by and see these great offerings.  In fact, I stopped in the middle of my browsing so I could bake up one of the recipes.


These wonderful cookies were submitted by Tara of Noshing with the Nolands.
As I was reading the recipe, my mouth started watering.
I had all the necessary ingredients and a few hours on my hands while dinner cooked.
These cookies went together in a snap and were like eating a little piece of carrot cake.
DELICIOUS!!

I made these cookies just as submitted by Tara, omitting the nuts in the interest of marital harmony and frosting the cookies with a knife because I didn't feel like digging out my pastry bag and tips.

Carrot Cake Cookies
from Noshing with the Nolands

1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ground ginger
1/8 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1 lg. egg
1 t. vanilla
1 c. grated carrots

Icing:
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 c. powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 T. milk

Preheat oven to 350*.  Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.  
Combine flour and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
In large bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and vanilla, beat well.  Mix in 1/2 of the flour mixture.  Incorporate the carrots in to the dough and add remaining flour mixture until just combined.
Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon place dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets spacing about 2" apart.  Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until browning on the edges but still soft to the touch.
While cookies cool, beat cream cheese until smooth, slowly add the powdered sugar and salt. Add the milk and mix until incorporated and smooth.
Make sure cookies are completely cooled before frosting.  Print Recipe





4 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.