Thursday, March 12, 2015

Dinner is Served

I did get everything accomplished today that I set out to do.  I made just a few small changes to tonight's menu.  I was going to make Blackened Ham Steak but I decided instead of using the seasonings that I have in the past I would use the last of the Healthy Solutions Poultry and Pork Rub that was in the packet they gave me for the Recipe Challenge.  You can see the recipe I submitted for the contest here, but I enjoyed the rub so much I also used it earlier in the week when I made Unstuffed Pork Chops.  When I opened the spice cupboard to get what I needed for tonight's dinner, I spied the remainder of the rub in the Healthy Solutions packet and decided to use that instead.



I didn't make the biscuits because I was out of butter. I used coconut oil for the cookies I made earlier today but I didn't think it would work well being cut into the biscuits.

 

When I was cleaning the refrigerator I found half of an onion, half a package of sliced mushrooms and a package of spinach so I sauteed those together for our vegetable as Frank cooked up the pierogi, both sauerkraut and potato/cheddar.



It was a delicious dinner but then we had to go to choir practice.  I yawned through the entire hour and a half....I had a full belly and just wanted to curl up on the couch.

Sauteed Spinach with Mushrooms and Onions

1/4 of a large sweet onion, diced
6 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 pkg. baby spinach, well rinsed
1 T. butter or olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg

Saute onion and mushrooms together in the butter or olive oil in a large skillet over med high heat. Season with salt and pepper.  Add the spinach leaves and toss just until wilted.  Add a pinch of nutmeg and toss again.  Print Recipe


2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.