When Frank and I are feeling romantic our go to wine is Cabernet Sauvignon from Caymus Vineyards. We first had a bottle of Caymus on our first wedding anniversary and have had it each year since. Many of our friends and family know this about us and we were lucky enough to be in posession of 2 bottles. I decided for this #WinePW, where the theme was romance to crack open the 2010 vintage that we were given as a gift.
I served this wine as part of a date night dinner that I made for an event called #TripleSBites. This event was hosted by Cam of Culinary Adventures of Camilla. Yep, that's right, the same person that is now hosting this event. She is unstoppable and amazing!!
Shown here with the wine is Filet Mignon with Zip Sauce, Potato and Fennel Gratin and Roasted Asparagus Spears. It was a perfect wine for this meal. I have to say that of all the wine I have had....and I have had a lot....Caymus is still my very favorite. It is a wine that we only have as a luxury due to the expense but perhaps that is what makes it so very special.
You know what they say....Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- #WinePW Clear to See by Dancing Veggies
- Bubbles & Boulud by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Champagne and Oysters for Valentines' Day by Enoflyz Wine Blog
- Chocolate Pots de Creme paired with Port Wine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Fettuccine Primavera Avec Mon Coeur by Cooking Chat
- Fizzy Fun at Your Romantic Brunch by Food Wine Click
- Gimme a Man With Mussels: Romantic Pairings from Eola Hills & Oregon's Coast by TastingPour
- Italian Valentine sweets: Sprisolana & Recioto della Valpolicella by Vino Travels
- Let's talk Romance by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Recipe for Refueling Romance, Salmon Frittata and Michelle Sparkling Brut Rose by Wild 4 Washington Wine
- Risotto all'Amarone + Masi Campofiorin 2009 by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Wine, Food and Love with #WinePW by Rockin Red Blog
* This post contains affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase an item using these links I will receive a small stipend.