Tuesday, February 24, 2015

10 Reasons why you should enjoy a Lychee Nut Martini

This is the last recipe post from our Chinese New Year Celebration.  Frank made us some delicious Lychee Martinis to go along with our dinner.  Tingting was happy because she loves Lychees.  I had never even heard of them until we found this recipe.  I bought them canned but you can also get them fresh.  I think I will look for them the next time I am at the international market.

According to Wikipedia there are 10 good reasons why you should eat Lychees.

Image result for lychee nut quotes


According to me these are 10 good reasons why we should drink Lychee Martinis, not to mention they are delicious!!


Lychee Martini
adapted from Allrecipes.com

1 1/2 shots vodka
1 shot peach schnaaps
1 shot cranberry juice
1 shot of lychee juice (from canned lychees)
1 lychee for garnish

Fill martini shaker with ice.  Add all liquids and shake well.  Strain into a martini glass and add a lychee for garnish.  Print Recipe


2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of lychees. But anything that ends in Martini can't be bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very good. Tingting says they grow on trees and are red or yellow. You remove the peel and there is white flesh underneath with an inedible seed. I bought mine canned and they were very good.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.