Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Day of Vacation while on Vacation...

The seas were very rough yesterday and the visibility under water was only 20-30 feet so many of us chose to forego diving.  There are always some die hards and they dove the Charles Brown which is a very popular wreck dive around here.  The dive master wanted to save the best for last but the weather was uncooperative.  Those that went said that it was comparable to diving Lake Erie.....I was glad I didn't go....even though I did want to see the wreck.  Our friend, Brad, had his GoPro with him and got some great video of it.  I will settle for that.

Frank and I just had a relaxing day....We went for a walk.  We swam in the pool.  We had rum punch at 10:30 in the morning. We read.  We went to lunch.  We napped.  We swam in the pool.  We had more rum punches.  We visited with all of our friends.  We had a pizza party with the staff at the dive shop.  We went to bed about 9 and slept until 6 this morning.  It was like being on vacation!!


Part of the group, relaxing while awaiting the arrival of the pizza.


This morning we packed up and had breakfast.  Then we did the group photo before a few of us headed to town for 9 AM Mass.




What an amazing old church we attended.  It actually is not as old as our church in Marine City, Holy Cross, but it is much more rustic and simple than ours.


This Catholic Church was erected in 1901.


Now, our bags are packed, we're ready to go......I should write a song like that LOL.  Our flight leaves here at noon.  We have a 3 hour layover in St. Maarten, then fly to North Carolina where we change flights and then we arrive back in Michigan around Midnight.  I think we will change clothes in North Carolina as well because back home......Baby, It's cooooooooold outside.





4 comments:

  1. Oh is it EVER cold out there in the upper tier and down the east coast. We've been watching the whole east coast building up a layer, maybe a comforter, of snow. Safe Travels, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zip....you can read all about my adventures soon.....getting ready to write my post now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This day sounds like the best day to me!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.