Saturday, June 7, 2014

Time for the Weekly Menu

Wow....I don't know where the week went.  Time just flies by around here.  I have been doing pretty well with my new plan of taking care of myself.  I have been drinking more water, taking my meds, getting in exercise each day and eating less and healthier.  I have also cut way down on my wine consumption, having had only 3 glasses this week and those with dinner.  I know it sounds crazy but I can already see the bloat in my stomach going down.  This makes me very happy.

This week we are moving Mom into her "new apartment".  They are in the process of painting and installing new carpet and hope to have it ready for her by mid week.  Mom doesn't remember that she is moving but when we talk about it she is not at all opposed to the idea and actually told me she is anxious to get her own place..."not that she hasn't enjoyed her visit here, but it is always nice to go home".

There is no choir this week, we are done for the summer, but depending on what is going on with Mom we may get together with Dick and Jackie anyway.  Maybe we will go see Mom and then grab dinner out somewhere.  I am leaving that day open on the menu and playing it by ear.

Below you will find my Weekly Menu.  I post this menu each Saturday and then I revisit it through the week to link up photos and recipes for you all to share.  I also link up with other sites including Menu Plan Monday where you can find tons of menu ideas.


Saturday
Chili Burritos

Sunday
Grilled Steaks
Baked Potatoes
Grilled Asparagus
Chopped Salad

Meatless Monday
Moonstruck Minestrone
Tossed Salad

Try it Tuesday
Slow Cooker French Dip

Wednesday
City Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Corn

Thursday
Playing it by ear

Fish Friday
Grilled Cod
Rice Mingle Salad

4 comments:

  1. Jenn's mom made awesome City Chicken, love and hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekly menu sounds good. I must get back to doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps me, otherwise I find myself at dinner time either going out or ordering in.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.