Sunday, June 15, 2014

SMH Sunday

We dropped off the chickens in the wee hours of the morning.  Went to Mass.  Went to Best Buy.  Went to see Mom......

Let me tell you about our visit to Mom.

On the way there we stopped for frozen custard and we bought some for Mom and for John's Aunt Harriet.  We got to the memory care center and I checked with the aides to make sure Aunt Harriet was able to have ice cream.  They assured me she could and went on to tell me how well Mom was adjusting.  I went in to give Mom and Harriet their ice cream and found them busy playing cards with several others and the activity director.  I put the ice cream in the freezer and Frank and I sat on the sidelines watching Mom play cards....she was oblivious to our presence.  Several other residents came to me asking assistance which I gladly provided.  I returned and went and sat next to Mom where she was playing cards.  She acknowledged me and asked if I wanted to play.  I responded that I would just watch for a while.  Mom kept playing, after a bit she noticed Frank and asked him what he was doing there.  Frank replied he was just hanging around.  Mom won at cards and was rewarded with a candy bar.  The activity director asked if she wanted to play another game and Mom responded that she did. She opened her candy and handed me the wrapper.  I kissed her and told her I would throw it away for her and then Frank and I left.  I am happy that she is adjusting.  I am not sure how I feel about her not wanting me around LOL.

Then we went to pick up our chickens at the processor.  This is a new processor this year and I must say that I am very impressed.  These are two of the chickens I dropped off this morning.



They returned to us, marked with the date, the weight and shrink wrapped for the freezer.  On the way home we stopped by Kim and Kurt's to drop off their half of the Spring chickens.  In the Fall, when Frank and I raise Turkeys, Kim and Kurt will raise meat chickens and we will receive half of their flock when they are processed.  While I was delivering the chickens, Kurt told me he had just gotten back from Northern Michigan where he had gone Salmon fishing and presented me with two beautiful, huge fillets.  I am so very excited to have gotten this fresh caught Michigan Salmon.   Woooohooooooo!!


I am dumbfounded and sitting here SMH* at how very lucky and fortunate I have been today.

*SMH= Shaking My Head...I had to google it the first time my niece posted it to see what it stood for LOL.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty jealous of that salmon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to share it with you Lisa...I have the best group of friends in the world!!

      Delete
  2. The day with your Mom went well and probably eased your heart an awful lot. It looks like your om has settled in well. This is always good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am not getting too excited. I expect each day to be different. But I was very happy that she was so content yesterday.

      Delete
  3. You are right that every time you visit it will probably be different. If you expect that they you won't get upset. Those are some fat chickens. And I'm with Lisa on being jealous of that salmon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula and just as we suspected yesterday was not as good as Sunday but when I left she was doing exercises and then they were going to paint birdhouses so I am sure she was fine.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.