Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Try it Tuesday Dinner on Wednesday

Yesterday was Try it Tuesday and I had Slow Cooker French Dip on the Weekly Menu.  I decided to adapt this recipe that I had found on www.allrecipes.com.   I got up in the morning and started the process but then life got in the way and we never got home for dinner last night.  So we sliced up the meat (well it shredded more than it sliced). put it back in the au jus and placed it in the refrigerator.

This morning I put it back into the crockpot with another 2 cups of beef broth, set it on low and we had it for dinner this evening instead.

So here is my adaptation based very loosely on the original recipe.



Slow Cooker French Dip
loosely adapted from Allrecipes.com originally submitted by Ironwolf32

4 lb. rump roast
Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 c. beef broth
1 small onion, cut into chunks
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 can beer
French Rolls
Butter
Provolone Cheese

Place Rump Roast in slow cooker and season to taste with Montreal Steak Seasoning.  Add onion, garlic, broth and beer and cook on low for 6-8 hrs.

Butter the french rolls and toast under the broiler for a few minutes.  Layer cheese on rolls and broil until melted and bubbly.

Thinly slice the roast, placing the beef on the toasted rolls.  Serve the au jus and serve with the sandwiches.  Print Recipe

This was a delicious recipe, as good or better as any I have had at a restaurant and for much less money.  You could easily feed a family of 4 or 5 and still have leftovers for a few dollars more than what it would cost for one sandwich eaten out.  I am sharing this recipe with Thrifty Thursday.

Luckily, I hadn't taken my pork out for the City Chicken scheduled for tonight's dinner so that can be rescheduled for another time.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I was at your house yesterday and I am wondering if this is the French Dip you served the class? It was very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Melissa and it is super simple. I hope you enjoy it when you make it.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.