Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Beauty of Acceptance

I went to see Mom this morning.  I was very nervous about going.  My stomach was all tied up in knots.  I didn't know how I was going to handle it when I walked in and she was angry at me for having left and crying that she did not want to be left again.

I walked in and Mom was eating breakfast.  She saw me and she smiled and said "Well, good morning, what time did you get up?"  We talked for a while, she said she had a good night.  I asked where her glasses were and she said she didn't think she brought them with her.  She finished up her breakfast and we went back to her apartment so she could brush her teeth and get dressed.  She was happy to see that she had not forgotten to bring her glasses after all.  I visited for about an hour and then I told her I would be going to the food pantry.  She kissed me goodbye and said "Don't be a stranger" and that was it.....no tears, no remonstrances, no guilt.  Just a wonderful, beautiful kiss goodbye.


This is the view from Mom's window.
It is a beautiful courtyard with birds and bunnies.
Mom can spend hours looking out the window.
I am so glad she has a beautiful view.

Our One Word Wednesday prompt this week is Beauty and our Photo a Day Challenge asks what we accomplished today so I am sharing this post at both of those links.  Check them out, see what other's are posting and join us by sharing your blogposts and photos.

Having Mom accept her new home so quickly and easily makes me very happy.  I know that it is subject to change at any moment but for today...she and I are Thriving at Home.


7 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you this morning and wondering what you would find. Thank God! she was okay today! There is beauty in that for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Paula for sure....now to see what tomorrow brings LOL

      Delete
    2. It may change from day to day...but you'll manage it fine I am sure

      Delete
  2. You were on my mind too. I am so thankful that your visit was pleasant and your mom was contented. Her view is beautiful - mom would love those trees! There is nothing in the world like that smile when they see you. It makes me a better person. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa...keeping my fingers crossed that it continues and that things work out according to God's will for you and your Mom.

      Delete
  3. I was so relieved to hear that when you called the other day. We were all apprehensive. Just goes to show you that we can worry all we want but in the end it goes just the way God laid it out for us. Start enjoying your life again and know that you are only minutes away from Mom. I love you, Larnzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larnzy, She was not as good this morning but this afternoon was better. I think it will be a roller coaster for a while but such is life. Love you.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.