I cannot do anything about the factors in my life that are causing me stress and whatever decision I make about Mom will not be written in stone and can be undone at a moments notice so from this moment forward I am going to stop with the "What if's" and the "If only's" and get back to living my life.
I weigh more right now than I have ever weighed....even during pregnancies!! It is very easy to make excuses and to blame the stress in my life but perhaps I should stop making excuses and do what needs to be done to control the stress. It is true that you cannot control the stressors but you can control the affect that stress has on your body. I do not have to cope by overeating, overdrinking, sleeping to much, sleeping too little, having no energy and allowing depression to sneak in and overwhelm me.
So while I was waiting for my CT scan today I started jotting down the things that I WILL do to combat this stress that is killing me or if not killing me at least killing my joy.
1. I will eat more fruits and vegetables and less potatoes, rice, pasta and bread. I started on this by ordering a fresh fruit cup with my turkey wrap instead of french fries. I will continue during tonight's dinner by eliminating the Cheese Bread that I was going to make as an accompaniment. I will also need to make some other changes to my Weekly Menu.
2. I will drink more water!! This is so important because if I allow myself to get dehydrated I think I am hungry and eat.
3. I will get some form of exercise each day. I plan on starting tonight by asking Frank to take a walk with me after dinner. Mom is at Dawn's so there is no excuse for sitting around in front of the boob tube all night long.
4. I will start taking my medication more regularly and not just when I feel myself spiraling downwards.
5. I will spend some time each day doing something I find relaxing....reading, painting, quilting, praying, hiking, etc. Today I am going down to work some more on the baby's quilt.
6. I will limit my alcohol intake. This will probably be my biggest challenge.
7. I will learn to say no once in a while....I do not have to be everything to everyone all the time.
8. I will BREATHE....I will make a conscious effort to check in with myself a couple of times a day and make sure I am doing those things that help me to unhunch my shoulders and take a big, deep cleansing breath.
9. I will count my blessings...and they are numerous!!
10. I will continue to spend time here each day, sharing my life.....my triumphs and my burdens...because writing makes me feel better. It is one of the things that helps me to breathe. It also allows me to connect with you, dear reader, as we encourage each other on this journey we call LIFE.
The photo a day challenge (#30summerdays) asked me to post someone who made me smile today. I am posting a picture of myself because making these plans and sharing them with you makes me happy.
I am also linking up with List it Tuesday and Wednesday Whatsits stop by and join the party!! Good Bye Pity Party, I am Thriving at Home!!