Friday, June 6, 2014

Many Hands Make Light Work

Today is Five Minute Friday hosted by Lisa Jo Baker. You can join us in the Five Minute Challenge.  All the details can be found here.

Today's prompt is HANDS.


Go

Can I give you a hand?

How can I help?

What do you need me to do?

Let me help you with that?

How many times do we hear those words and then push the person who is saying them away with a polite "No thanks, I've got it handled"?

When we are actually drowning and completely overwhelmed by our lives and our circumstances.  Why do we do this??

We are always sincere when we offer our help to someone else.  Why do we think that their offer to us is less sincere??

Or is it just that we don't want to admit that we need help?  We are woman, hear us roar!!!  We don't need no stinkin' help!!  We are fine, Just fine!!

Until we are not...Until finally we feel ourselves being pulled under for the last time and we are not sure we can swim our way back to the surface.  Only then does our arrogance vanish and we humbly must admit that we cannot do it on our own.  We are not Wonder Woman we are just a small creature of God's.  We must accept his help and we must recognize when he sends that help our way.

When we reject others offers of help, we are, in effect, rejecting God.

STOP

6 comments:

  1. What a great post! I actually wrote something with a similar theme last week about accepting help more often.

    Stopping by from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy...I think that a lot of us fall into this trap. Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  2. Boy, Wendy, you described me to a T. I don't know why I am so reluctant to admit to others I need help. But I will take God's help every single day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I described many of us Paula...I think it is a curse that our mother's handed down and that we are now handing down to our daughters and granddaughters. I don't know how we are going to end this cycle until we are finally able to admit that we CANNOT do it all. May God continue to bless and strengthen you.

      Delete
  3. I am a classic "put-my-head-down-and-GO" person. And I've been this way so long, that when someone does offer to help - I don't even know how to respond. You have inspired me to try to be a better recipient. To let others lend a hand on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am proud to have inspired you to take better care of yourself.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.