Friday, June 6, 2014

The Fault in our Stars/My Father's House

Let me just say that The Fault in our Stars caught me in the first few sentences and never let me go.  It is not a book about dying of cancer...it is a book about living with cancer and the protagonists never let you forget that.  It is not a child with cancer book in the style of Jodi Picoult, where you find yourself sobbing through the pages, although you will cry.  But you will also laugh and cheer and find yourself wanting to spend some serious time with these young people who maintain a positive attitude throughout all their trials.



I would recommend this book...I think everyone would enjoy spending time with these young, strong
people.  I think I will also go to see the movie.  I don't usually look forward to movies made from books that I have read but as I was reading this I could see how wonderful a movie it could be and I am anxious to see how they did with it.



Tonight I will be starting a novel called My Father's House by Todd Saville.  I have not read any books by this author but I am intrigued by the promise of a love story against all odds. I will let you know what I think.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I will let you know about My Father's House but The Fault in our Stars was really good and I think that your kids might enjoy it too if they are readers.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.