Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Father's House and The Apprentice: My Life in the Kitchen







I just finished My Father's House by Todd Saville.  This was a true love story in every sense of the word. Love of parents for children and children for parents.  Love of God.  Love of family.  Love of tradition. Love of Culture.  Love of Money. Love between a man and a woman.  Love of self.  Love of strangers.  This book did not end at all in the manner in which I had imagined.  I love happy endings and this was a happy ending, just unexpected.  If you are looking for a clean, wholesome, easy to read love story then you should definitely give this book a shot.


I am now starting  The Apprentice:  My Life in the Kitchen by Jacques Pepin for a new endeavor called Cook the Books.  This is a club in which every 2 months a new book is assigned for you to read, create a recipe influenced by the book and then blog about the book and your recipe.  This is right up my alley and I am very excited to join this group.  Check it out, perhaps you would like to join us too.

Cook the Books Club

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.