Monday, January 15, 2024

A New Year's Eve Cocktail, Cheers!! #MovieandMunchies

A little bit sweet, a little bit sour, just like life.  This cocktail of Disarrono Amaretto and Cranberry juice was featured in the 2011 film, New Year's Eve, our Movies and Munchies film for this month.

Disaronno and Cranberry Juice

I asked Frank to make me this drink after watching the film together yesterday......
 
Winter has finally arrived in Michigan and it has blown in with a vengeance. The highs are only in the low teens all week long until Thursday when they predict we will get the low 20s and snow.  It was a good day to cuddle up with an afternoon movie.

New Years Eve

This 2011 film, which I had never even heard of, has a huge cast of well-known actors.  It was funny, touching, tenderhearted, and romantic.  It made us laugh.  It made us cry.  It led to Frank making us this cocktail while I started dinner and it prompted conversation while we sipped our drinks.

We talked about the message the movie sent and we talked about how much the actors have changed since 2011.  I was glad that I found this movie.  It is a rom-com directed by Garry Marshall so that pretty much gives you an idea of what to expect.

Make yourself this surprisingly tasty cocktail and pop in this movie.  It's a good way to spend a couple of hours.



Drinks, Cocktails
Drinks
American
Yield: 1 cocktail
Author: Wendy Klik
Disaronno and Cranberry

Disaronno and Cranberry

A little bit sweet, a little bit sour, just like life.
Prep time: 2 MinTotal time: 2 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 oz. Amaretto
  • Cranberry juice

Instructions

  1. Fill a rock glass with ice. Add the amaretto and top with cranberry juice. Stir to blend.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

212.39

Fat (grams)

0.36 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

0.07 g

Carbs (grams)

35.28 g

Fiber (grams)

0.18 g

Net carbs

35.11 g

Sugar (grams)

35.11 g

Protein (grams)

0.73 g

Sodium (milligrams)

6.94 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

0 mg

6 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the movie. I am working on a mocktail to mimic this drink for my post. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a delicious cocktail and I think it will make a great mocktail too. Thanks for hosting Debra

      Delete
  2. That caught my eye, too, but I didn't have any amaretto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Amaretto but normally just drink it on the rocks so I was happy to try this version.

      Delete
  3. I have both ingredients!! Can't wait until cocktail hour.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.