Thursday, January 11, 2024

Celebrating a New Wine Collaboration with a Bottle of Cahors gifted to me from Family visiting from France

Cahors wine, named for the town in Southern France where it is made, is Malbec dominant and delicious.

Cahors Wine

My son-in-law's parents gifted me this bottle while they were visiting from France during the holidays.  
My regular readers know that I normally post 4 wine tasting events each month.  Week 1 was dedicated to Italian Food Wine Travel; Week 2 was Wine Pairing Weekend; Week 3 we would celebrate French Winophiles and we finished up with World Wine Travel on Week 4.

It got to be a bit overwhelming so the administrators of each group got together and decided to coordinate their efforts, each taking 3 months of the year, alternating groups, and posting on the second Saturday of each month.  

Cahors wine with Steak Diane

I am hosting this first coordinated event.  This month was dedicated to the French Winophiles and I asked the others to share a bottle of wine that they had been gifted, wished they were gifted or had gifted to another.

My son-in-law is from France and his family came to visit for the holidays.  Whenever they are in town I like to host a dinner for them so that they can see all of the family that their son has joined.  This year when they arrived they brought me a bottle of Chateau de Grezels Cahors.

This wine is a Malbec blended with 30% Merlot.  I did not serve it on the night that my son-in-law's family was there as I had purchased wine to pair with the meal I had planned.  I did serve it at another dinner party that I hosted in which I served Steak Diane as the entree.

This was not the nicest bottle of Cahors I have enjoyed but it was very drinkable and paired well with the steak.  My research found that this bottle is sold in the $10-$15 price range which seems reasonable for the quality of the wine.  

Please stop by and read about what French Wines the other bloggers are sharing this month......

We will be meeting on Saturday, January 13th, at 11 AM ET for a chat on Threads.net.  You will find our convo by searching #winophiles.  Please join us.


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting for the first newly revised wine posts! I love it. I haven't tried a Cahors and now it is on my list. I like finding a good wine with a reasonable price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to combine all of the groups! Less to keep track of, lol. Love your Christmas wine coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the wine paired well, even if it wasn't your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gift of wine is thoughtful, even when it doesn't quite hit the mark. I bet your cooking could improve any wine. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.