Wednesday, January 3, 2024

A New Blogging Challenge starting with Almond Chicken on the 9th Day of Christmas

Start the New Year off right with this lightened-up version of a favorite Chinese carryout recipe.  Featuring lean chicken breast and fried vegetables stir-fried in heart-healthy peanut oil and no breading you will enjoy all the flavors of this dish in less than half an hour.

Almond Chicken

Join us for the 2024 Alphabet Challenge......

Alphabet Food Graphic
Graphic courtesy of Google Images

Happy 2024.  Yesterday I shared a physical activity challenge that my daughter and I have started for the New Year and today I am sharing a blogging challenge that I invited others to join me on as we begin 2024.

In this challenge, we will post a new recipe to our blogs every other Wednesday throughout the year featuring a letter of the alphabet.  We are starting with A today and will continue until December 18th when we will finish up the year with the letter Z.  

Each recipe will start with the featured letter of the alphabet or feature a food item that begins with that week's letter.  Let's see what each of the participants decided to share featuring the Letter A this week......

Almond Chicken pin

This easy dish is ready in less than half an hour.  Faster than you can get to your local restaurant and back with carryout and healthier as we go into the New Year. 

Grandpa and Granddaughter singing together

Another bonus.....I got to listen to Grampy and the Angel Face karaoke together while I made dinner.  Happy 9th Day of Christmas everyone!!


Entrees, Chicken, Stir Fry, Quick, Easy, Healthy
Entrees, Chicken
Asian
Yield: 2 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Almond Chicken

Almond Chicken

Start the New Year off right with this lightened-up version of a favorite Chinese carryout recipe. Featuring lean chicken breast and fried vegetables stir-fried in heart-healthy peanut oil and no breading you will enjoy all the flavors of this dish in less than half an hour.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 30 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 T. peanut oil
  • 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into bite-size chunks
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 medium onion, diced
  • 5-6 mini sweet peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
  • 1/2 c. sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half
  • 1/4 c. almond slices
  • 1/4 c. chicken broth
  • 1 T. soy sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 t. ginger paste
  • 1 t. honey

Instructions

  1. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
  2. Add the onions, peppers and snap peas. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring for a few minutes.
  3. Add the chicken to the wok, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
  4. Whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and honey. Add to the wok and cook, stirring until reduced and chicken and vegetables are coated.
  5. Serve immediately with steamed rice of choice, if desired.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

255.9

Fat (grams)

14.35 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

1.96 g

Carbs (grams)

16.05 g

Fiber (grams)

4.29 g

Net carbs

11.74 g

Sugar (grams)

9.07 g

Protein (grams)

17.52 g

Sodium (milligrams)

780.93 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

36.74 mg

14 comments:

  1. I love that you lighten this recipe up, my family and I thank you! It's going on the menu this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stir-fries! I'm definitely adding this one to my "must make asap" list. P.S. I love the last photo =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, they are so cute singing together! Your stir-fry sounds and looks perfect for a weeknight meal, Wendy! And I'm always happy to have a recipe that doesn't make tons of leftovers. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a quick dinner idea...especially one with chicken. Added bonus, this one is even healthy! A great way to kick off the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinner and a show, win-win! This looks delicious, haven't had it in quite a while, must change that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy this is a very easy chicken recipe with all the taste. In fact have got all the ingredients ready as hubby will be making it for himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he enjoys it Mayuri. Happy New Year to you and yours.

      Delete
  7. Simple and easy, I like this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.