Saturday, November 11, 2023

Oatmeal Kiss Cookies #MoviesandMunchies

A fun take on the class peanut blossom cookie, this recipe starts with an oatmeal base to cradle the kiss.  

Oatmeal Kiss Cookies

I was inspired to make these cookies after watching Mall Cop 2 for our Movies and Munchies Group this month.
Movies and Munchies Logo

Cam of Culinary Cam is hosting our group this month and chose Paul Blart; Mall Cop.  She let us choose whether to watch the first or second movie.

Mall Cop 2

I chose to watch the 2nd movie as I hadn't seen it before.  In 2009 when the first movie came out we had an exchange student from Denmark, Dian, who LOVED it and we watched it several times.  He and Frank would laugh and laugh and I would roll my eyes.

This second movie is, in my opinion, not as good as the first.  Frank still laughed and I still rolled my eyes but it fell short of the feel-good, root em on' vibes that the first movie had.   

This movie follows Paul Blart and his now grown daughter to Las Vegas where he is set to be honored for his successful conclusion in the last movie.  He stumbles upon an art heist and, of course, foils the bad guys.

Oatmeal Kiss Cookies

Oatmeal is mentioned a couple of times and one of the bad guys has a bad allergic reaction after eating some oatmeal.  Paul has to have sweets or sugar regularly or he passes out, he also uses the foil from a Hershey kiss to get his segway to start.  This was the inspiration for the cookies I am sharing today.


Oatmeal Kiss Cookies

This is not my kind of movie but there is nothing offensive about it and my husband enjoyed it so if you have a free hour and a half with nothing else to do you might want to pop it in.



Desserts, Cookies, Oatmeal, Kisses, Snacks
Desserts
American
Yield: 60 Cookies
Author: Wendy Klik
Oatmeal Kiss Cookies

Oatmeal Kiss Cookies

A fun take on the class peanut blossom cookie, this recipe starts with an oatmeal base to cradle the kiss.
Prep time: 15 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 25 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 c. shortening
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 c. brown sugar, packed
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 1/4 c. oats ( I used quick cooking)
  • 60 chocolate kisses

Instructions

  1. Cream together the butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each until light and fluffy.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture until well combined. Stir in the oatmeal.
  4. Use a small cookie scoop to place balls of dough onto baking sheets that have been lined with parchment or silicone mats and bake in a preheated 375* oven for about 10 minutes.
  5. Remove from oven and top each cookie with a kiss. Let cool on the pans for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

101.35

Fat (grams)

4.91 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

2.28 g

Carbs (grams)

13.97 g

Fiber (grams)

0.37 g

Net carbs

13.6 g

Sugar (grams)

9.52 g

Protein (grams)

1.19 g

Sodium (milligrams)

41.3 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

10.66 mg

8 comments:

  1. ohmygosh this is genious! Why has no one ever thought of this before??? Did you use quick cooking oatMEAL or quick cooking OATS? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing out that error in my recipe, Jinjer. I appreciate it and it is fixed now.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining. Now I'm not sure I want to watch the second movie. But I love your cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked the first one you will probably like the second.

      Delete
    2. I have to be in the proper silly frame of mind! Maybe I will try it. But, right now, Jake and I are enjoy a dark mini series.

      Delete
  3. I watched the first one only. I do love your inspiration for these cookies (foil)!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.