Thursday, November 9, 2023

Getting to know Cinnabari from Dracaena #WinePW

My favorite California Winery has a new blend this year that they call Cinnabari.  Dracaena wines specializes in Cab Francs. They also have a Chenin Blanc that is the best I have ever enjoyed and a Rose that is a summertime favorite for me.  When I opened my club selection this time I was excited to see this bottle of Cinnabari included.

Wine
Dracaena Winery is dedicated to Cab Franc.  This wine has some included but is mostly Cabernet Sauvignon with 10% each of Cab Franc and Merlot.  

This 2021 vintage results from a cold dry winter in Paso Robles, California where these grapes are grown.  There was one very heavy rainfall and colder than usual temperatures reducing the yields.  The bonus was that the flavor is "berrylicious".  That is my word of the day!!

dinner plate with wine

Andrea of The Quirky Cork is hosting our Wine Pairing Weekend group this month.  She asked us to share heritage/traditional varieties in countries and regions where they are not native.  Living in the USA this is a pretty easy task this month.  Sometimes I have a hard time sourcing wines from other countries as my home state of Michigan has very stringent laws regarding wines.  I can easily get wines from the USA, however, and most of them are not native to our country.

Andrea is hosting a chat on Threads so that we can further discuss our choices and share our thoughts.  This gathering will be on Saturday at 11 AM ET and here are some of the topics we'll be talking about.....


Pot Roast

I opened this wine on a lazy Sunday after a fun but busy week in Las Vegas.  I was tired of restaurant food and yearning some comfort food so I put a pot roast into the instant pot with some root vegetables and opened up this bottle of wine to enjoy with it.  

mama and daughter

My Little Miss M and her mama stopped by so I invited them to join us for dinner.  We all got turns in the salon having our hair washed.  Little Miss M is an excellent stylist!!

Little Girl giving a thumbs up

Dinner got a big Thumbs Up from Little Miss M.  The rest of us enjoyed it too.  The wine paired beautifully with this easy, comforting, instant pot dinner.

I don't know much about winemaking.  I do know a lot about wine drinking LOL.  And I know what I like.  This Cinnabari is my kind of wine!  I think that being able to take that small yield and turn it into something wonderful is indicative of a master winemaker.  If you haven't tried Dracaena wines yet, do yourself a favor and find or order a bottle.  You can come back and thank me later.


 

Entrees, Beef, Instant Pot, Pot Roast, Comfort Food, One pot meals
Entrees, Beef
American
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Pot Roast in an Instant Pot

Pot Roast in an Instant Pot

This classic comfort food doesn't have to take all day braising in the oven or on the stovetop. You can use your Instant Pot and have a complete dinner ready in a little over an hour.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 70 MinTotal time: 1 H & 20 M

Ingredients

  • 3-4 lb English Blade Roast
  • salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1 onion, cut into chunks
  • 1 T. tomato paste
  • 1/4 c. dry red wine
  • 1 c. beef broth
  • 12-15 baby potatoes
  • 4 carrots, scraped and cut into chunks

Instructions

  1. Pat the roast dry with a paper towel. Season on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside to come to room temperature.
  2. Set the instant pot to the saute setting and add the olive oil to the pot. When the indicator shows hot, sear the roast on both sides until nicely browned. Remove to a platter and set aside.
  3. With the setting still on saute, add the onions to the pot. Cook and stir until fragrant.
  4. Add the tomato paste and stir to coat. Then add the wine to the pot. Cook, stirring and scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot until wine has nearly evaporated. Press the cancel button on the instant pot.
  5. Return the roast to the pot. Pour in the broth and place the carrots and onions on top of the roast. Seal the instant pot and set it to the meat/stew function. The instant pot will come to pressure and cook the roast for 70 minutes.
  6. Allow the pressure to naturally release or carefully release the pressure from the instant pot when the cycle is finished.
  7. You can make gravy with the juices in the instant pot, however, we like ketchup with our pot roast.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

762.76

Fat (grams)

26.74 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

10.45 g

Carbs (grams)

43.16 g

Fiber (grams)

6.58 g

Net carbs

36.57 g

Sugar (grams)

6.05 g

Protein (grams)

86.62 g

Sodium (milligrams)

655.15 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

281.8 mg

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.