Friday, November 10, 2023

It's Friday; Time for a Caipirinha Cocktail and the Weekly Menu....Cheers!! #EattheWorld

I have been doing a lot of traveling in the past month. I am leaving again in 10 days.  While researching Brazil for our Eat the World Challenge, I came across a popular cocktail called Caipirinha.  

Caipirinha Cocktail

I thought a cocktail was perfect for this month's challenge.  It is easy to make and relaxing with a cocktail in between trips sounded marvelous to me.

Eat the World Logo

Check out all the wonderful Brazilian dishes prepared by fellow Eat the World members and share with #eattheworld. Find out how to join Eat the World here and have fun exploring a country a month in the kitchen with us! 


Caipirinha Cocktail

After learning about this Caipirinha Cocktail, I turned to one of my favorite cocktail recipe books, Around the World in 80 Cocktails.  Sure enough, this was the cocktail showcased for Brazil.  

Here is the first paragraph in this chapter featuring Caipirinha......

Paragraph from book




I love South American cuisine and recently enjoyed a delicious Moqueca de Camarao that I shared with you paired with a Sparkling Wine from Brazil.  I did not pair this cocktail with Brazilian fare but rather relaxed with it before dinner one evening.

This is the National Cocktail of Brazil and I can understand why.  Made with Cachaca, also known as Brazilian Rum, it has a very distinctive taste.

Cocktails, Drinks
Cocktails
Brazilian
Yield: 1 cocktail
Author: Wendy Klik
Caipirinha Cocktail

Caipirinha Cocktail

This is the National Cocktail of Brazil. It contains just 3 ingredients, the most important being a sugar cane based spirit called Cachaca.
Prep time: 3 MinTotal time: 3 Min

Ingredients

  • 1/2 small lime, cut into quarters
  • 1 t. brown sugar
  • 2 oz. cachaca

Instructions

  1. Muddle the lime and sugar together in the bottom of a rocks glass until the sugar is dissolved.
  2. Add the cachaca and stir to incorporate and dissolve any remaining sugar.
  3. Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir again before serving.

Notes

Recipe from Around the World in 80 Cocktails

Nutrition Facts

Calories

182.18

Fat (grams)

0.07 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

0.01 g

Carbs (grams)

6.99 g

Fiber (grams)

0.94 g

Net carbs

6.05 g

Sugar (grams)

4 g

Protein (grams)

0.23 g

Sodium (milligrams)

1.57 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

0 mg

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight we are heading to a local theater for The Christmas Schooner to kick off the holiday season with family and friends.  Sunday we are having a birthday gathering for our Little Miss M who is turning 3 years old!!

Thursday, I am meeting friends for lunch and a start on my Christmas shopping.  Saturday we are taking our youngest daughter and her guy out for dinner and a Michael Jackson tribute.  Sunday we are having Family Dinner as Frank and I will not be here for Thanksgiving Week.

I am sharing an extended Weekly Menu as we leave to head to our son's house in Virginia early Monday for Thanksgiving.  

Soup Saturday
Vegetable Soup
Corn Bread

Sunday-Birthday Celebration for Little Miss M
Appetizers and Salads by Mama
Lasagna Bolognese
Seafood Lasagna
Pumpkin Lasagna
Garlic Bread
Birthday Cake by Amy

Monday
Vegetable Lo Mein

Tuesday
Sauteed Chicken with Chestnuts
Celery Root Puree

Wednesday
Spaghetti

Thursday
Frank making Dinner

Friday
Shrimp and Grits

Saturday
Out for dinner before the Concert

Sunday Supper-Family Dinner
Creamed Cucumbers
Pickled Beets
Marinated Mushrooms
City Chicken
Baked Cod with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Peppers
Roasted Kielbasa
Assorted Pierogi
Sauerkraut
Buttered Corn
Almond Rum Cake
Chocolate Chip Pie




  







10 comments:

  1. I haven't had this cocktail in a long time. It's time to fix that. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you tied in one of my favorite cocktail books too! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've now got to hunt down chachaca and make room in our liquor cabinet for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cocktail is really simple but sounds delicious especially if Caipirinha taste similar to rum which it says in your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a tasty drink Judee but I did end up putting a little simple syrup in mine as it was very tart. My lime was large, I should only have used a quarter of it.

      Delete
  5. I need to get hold of chachaca in my next trip to make this delicious drink!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.