I have been doing a lot of traveling in the past month. I am leaving again in 10 days. While researching Brazil for our Eat the World Challenge, I came across a popular cocktail called Caipirinha.
I thought a cocktail was perfect for this month's challenge. It is easy to make and relaxing with a cocktail in between trips sounded marvelous to me.
- Culinary Cam: Obrigado! Pão de Queijo + More Brazilian Bites on our Thanksgiving Menu
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: It's Friday; Time for a Caipirinha Cocktail and the Weekly Menu....Cheers!!
- Sneha’s Recipe: Brazilian Brigadeiros(Fudge Balls)
- Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Brigadeiro (Brazilian Fudge Balls)
After learning about this Caipirinha Cocktail, I turned to one of my favorite cocktail recipe books, Around the World in 80 Cocktails. Sure enough, this was the cocktail showcased for Brazil.
Here is the first paragraph in this chapter featuring Caipirinha......
I love South American cuisine and recently enjoyed a delicious Moqueca de Camarao that I shared with you paired with a Sparkling Wine from Brazil. I did not pair this cocktail with Brazilian fare but rather relaxed with it before dinner one evening.
This is the National Cocktail of Brazil and I can understand why. Made with Cachaca, also known as Brazilian Rum, it has a very distinctive taste.
- 1/2 small lime, cut into quarters
- 1 t. brown sugar
- 2 oz. cachaca
- Muddle the lime and sugar together in the bottom of a rocks glass until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cachaca and stir to incorporate and dissolve any remaining sugar.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir again before serving.
Recipe from Around the World in 80 Cocktails
Fat (grams)0.07 g
Sat. Fat (grams)0.01 g
Carbs (grams)6.99 g
Fiber (grams)0.94 g
Net carbs6.05 g
Sugar (grams)4 g
Protein (grams)0.23 g
Sodium (milligrams)1.57 mg
Cholesterol (grams)0 mg
Tonight we are heading to a local theater for The Christmas Schooner to kick off the holiday season with family and friends. Sunday we are having a birthday gathering for our Little Miss M who is turning 3 years old!!
Thursday, I am meeting friends for lunch and a start on my Christmas shopping. Saturday we are taking our youngest daughter and her guy out for dinner and a Michael Jackson tribute. Sunday we are having Family Dinner as Frank and I will not be here for Thanksgiving Week.
I am sharing an extended Weekly Menu as we leave to head to our son's house in Virginia early Monday for Thanksgiving.