Sunday, September 17, 2023

Closing out Summer with some Squash Skewers #SundayFunday

Summer is not officially over yet and I know a lot of us still have our grills out so grab the last of that summer squash and enjoy it before your counters are filled with the delicious hard squash that we enjoy all winter long.

Grilled Summer Squash Skewers

The Sunday Funday Bloggers are celebrating Squash today.......
Sunday Funday Logo
Renu of Cook with Renu is hosting today.  When Renu first announced the theme my mind immediately went to hard squash because, I must admit, we closed up the pool last week and my brain is in fall mode.  
 
Summer Squash Skewers


Then, my husband and I came down with COVID and were in quarantine for 10 days.  This effectively prevented me from getting to the store or farmer's market to buy any hard squash.  Luckily, I remembered that I had one more summer squash recipe that I had not yet shared with you.  

Let's see what squash recipes the other's are sharing today........



Summer Squash pin

Tender rounds of summer squash tossed in olive oil and seasonings take only minutes on the grill as your meat rests. 


Vegetables, Side Dish, Grilling,
Vegetables
American
Yield: 3 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Grilled Summer Squash Skewers

Grilled Summer Squash Skewers

Tender rounds of summer squash tossed in olive oil and seasonings before being lightly grilled.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 5 MinTotal time: 10 Min

Ingredients

  • 2-3 summer squash of choice, cut into 1" thick rounds
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 t. dried Italian herbs, if desired

Instructions

  1. Place the squash into a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs, if using. Gently toss until coated.
  2. Place onto skewers and grill over med-high heat until warmed, and char marks occur, about a 2-3 minutes per side.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

110.23

Fat (grams)

9.65 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

1.37 g

Carbs (grams)

5.88 g

Fiber (grams)

2.05 g

Net carbs

3.83 g

Sugar (grams)

3.61 g

Protein (grams)

2.03 g

Sodium (milligrams)

68.21 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

0 mg

3 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.