Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Blueberry Croissant Pudding #LitHappens

This Blueberry Croissant Pudding is a great way to use leftover croissants that are no longer quite as soft and delicious as when they were fresh.  Perfect for dessert or breakfast.  Enjoy.

Blueberry Croissant Pudding

I was inspired to make this dish after watching Transatlantic, the limited series based on the novel Flight Portfolio by Julie Orringer.......
Flight Portfolio

Amy of Amy's Cooking Adventures invited our Lit Happens Book Club to join her in reading this novel based on the true events of the Emergency Rescue Committee that removed more than 2000 refugees from France during the Nazi occupation of WWII.  

I was very excited because Historical Fiction is my genre of choice.  I started out by watching the series on Netflix and Frank and I both enjoyed it very much.  I had no knowledge of the Emergency Rescue Committee prior to watching this series.

Then I downloaded the audible book to listen to during my daily walks.  I am glad that I watched the series first because I don't think I would have watched it after listening to The Flight Portfolio.  Whereas the series was focused on the mission to rescue artists, actors and writers from unwarranted persecution, the novel was focused only on the relationship between Varian Fry (a real life hero) and a fictional lover who was not in the series but played a huge role in the novel.  

The series did touch on a love affair with Varian Fry based on writings and diaries found that acknowledged that Varian, although married to a woman, was bisexual and had many homosexual liaisons while in France.

I got about halfway through the novel when I decided that I had had enough of the constant bedroom scenes and not enough of the storyline about the mission that Varian found himself involved.  I aborted the book but I do recommend the series.

July is National Blueberry Month so I have been having a lot of fun making blueberry recipes.  I started off Blueberry Month by serving them as part of a breakfast buffet and then a BYO Salad Buffet for on of Frank's CPL classes.  I also used some for these Grilled Pork Chops with Herbed Blueberry Sauce.  

Blueberry Croissant Pudding

Later this week I am going to be sharing a Lobster Roll Pasta Salad that I served along with some croissants.  I had more croissants than I needed for the luncheon so I used the leftovers to make this Blueberry Bread Pudding that I'm sharing today.   I am linking it to this review because during wartime in France, food was scarce and you couldn't afford to waste any.  This recipe is a great way to use day old croissants.


Desserts, Blueberries, Pudding, Croissants, Breakfasts, Brunch
Desserts
French
Yield: 10 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Bluebbery Croissant Pudding

Bluebbery Croissant Pudding

This Blueberry Croissant Pudding is a great way to use leftover croissants that are no longer quite as soft and delicious as when they were fresh. Perfect for dessert or breakfast. Enjoy.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 45 MinTotal time: 55 Min

Ingredients

  • 4-5 large croissants, cut into pieces
  • 1 pt. blueberries
  • 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese
  • 2/3 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 c. light cream (1/2 and 1/2)
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1 T. cinnamon sugar, if desired

Instructions

  1. Place the croissants into a bundt pan that has been treated with baking spray. Scatter the blueberries over the top and into the crevices.
  2. Whisk together the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the croissants and blueberries. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired.
  3. Set aside for 15 minutes or cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
  4. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer inserted removes cleanly. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a serving platter. Can be served warm or cold.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

344.74

Fat (grams)

20.07 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

11.46 g

Carbs (grams)

36.98 g

Fiber (grams)

1.92 g

Net carbs

35.05 g

Sugar (grams)

23.58 g

Protein (grams)

5.67 g

Sodium (milligrams)

205.31 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

93.46 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.