Sunday, July 9, 2023

Snickers Salad #SundayFunday

Crisp, tart apples tossed with the nutty, caramel goodness of Snickers bar coated in a pudding base.  Who says you can't have salad for dessert?!

Snickers Salad

The Sunday Funday Bloggers are sharing Gluten Free Desserts today.......
Sunday Funday Logo
Amy of Amy's Cooking Adventures is hosting today and invited us all to join her in sharing Desserts that are Gluten Free.  Let's take a look at what is being served up........




Snickers Salad Pin

When the Teen and I were planning the menu for her birthday bash she asked if we could have the apple and snickers salad as one of the desserts.  She said that someone had brought this dessert to one of our many gatherings and it was delicious.  I didn't recall this at all but I told her I would see what I could do.  After all, this is her 19th Birthday and the last year I will be able to call her my Teen.

I went to my trusty Google Search and sure enough, this is a very popular dish.  Who knew?  (Other than the Teen and the unknown guest who brought this to my house unbeknownst to me).  There are tons of recipes for this easy peasy salad on line.  I perused them and then set off to make the salad that I served.  It was a huge hit.  It is like biting into a caramel apple and I have a feeling this is going to be one of my new Fall desserts that gets served up at least once a year.

When Amy announced the theme for this Sunday Funday event, I had to do another Google search of all the prepared, store bought ingredients used in this dessert.  Luckily Snickers, Instant Pudding Mix and Cool Whip are all gluten free.  Enjoy.......



Desserts, Pudding, Semi Homemade, Apples
Dessert
American
Yield: 16 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Snickers Salad

Snickers Salad

Crisp, tart apples tossed with the nutty, caramel goodness of Snickers bar coated in a pudding base. Who says you can't have salad for dessert?!
Prep time: 10 MinTotal time: 10 Min

Ingredients

  • 4-5 large tart apples, cut into large dice (I used Granny Smith)
  • 6 full size Snicker bars, halved and then cut into 10 pieces each
  • 1 (4 serving) package vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
  • Caramel Ice Cream Topping, if desired

Instructions

  1. Place the pudding mix into a large bowl and whisk in the milk until dissolved. Fold in the cool whip.
  2. Add the apples and snickers to the bowl and fold until coated with the pudding mixture.
  3. Drizzle with caramel sauce, if desired.
  4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

86.61

Fat (grams)

1.09 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

0.58 g

Carbs (grams)

19.6 g

Fiber (grams)

1.6 g

Net carbs

18 g

Sugar (grams)

15.36 g

Protein (grams)

0.89 g

Sodium (milligrams)

60.46 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

3.22 mg

calories per loaf.

8 comments:

  1. Snickers in a salad this looks too good.. hmm.. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I had never even heard of this before. Marissa insists someone had brought it here for one of our gatherings. I'm wondering if it were Kirsten? Do you know if she made this?

      Delete
  3. An amazing combo apples and snicker bars. Lovely dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name of this dessert. Snickers Salad , makes it a little guilt free. Loving how easy it is and kids or grown up's would like it alike.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.