This sauce is sooooo good that I had to stop myself from eating it with a spoon so that there was enough left for guests to enjoy with their steaks. Sweet Vidalia onion caramelized in butter and then combined with Blue Cheese and Cream for a decadent, savory sauce.
- Blue Cheese Sauce to put on that Steak you are Grilling Up to Pair with a Malbec Wine from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- 3 Wines That Sing Argentina Paired with Pork Tacos from Gwendolyn at Wine Predator
- A Taste of Argentina: Chupín de Mariscos + a 2022 Torrontés from the Salta Region from Camilla at Culinary Cam
- Argentinian Malbec: An immigrant who gets the job done from Linda at My Full Wine Glass
- Criolla, Bonarda, and the San Francisco Empanada from Deanna at Wineivore
Blue Cheese Sauce for Steaks
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced
- 4 T. butter
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. blue cheese crumbles
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and sprinkle in the cheese. Cook and stir for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with Grilled Steaks allowing guests to add their own sauce as desired.
adapted from a recipe by Ree Drummond.