Boneless pork loin chops, browned and then nestled in a bed of caramelized peaches to finish cooking through.
I normally don't buy peaches until they are ready here but these looked so delicious I couldn't resist. They needed to ripen for a couple of days but then they were ready and so was I.
Pork Chop and Peach Skillet
- 4 thin cut boneless loin pork chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced (see note)
- 1 T. Butter
- 2 T. brown sugar
- Pat dry the pork chops and season them with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over med high heat. Sear the chops on both sides until browned, remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the butter to the same skillet, when melted add the peaches and cook while juices release, stirring and scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar and continue to cook until peaches are coated and beginning to caramelize.
- Return the pork chops to the skillet and cook in the sauce until reheated and cooked to an internal temperature of 145 is reached.
- Plate the pork chops, ladeling the peaches and juices over the top.
To peel peaches. With a sharp knife, make an x on the top of the peaches and dip into boiling water for about 30-45 seconds. Remove from the boiling water and immediately submerge in ice water. The peel should slide right off with a little coaxing.
Fat (grams)31.77 g
Sat. Fat (grams)11.22 g
Carbs (grams)26.93 g
Fiber (grams)2.25 g
Net carbs24.68 g
Sugar (grams)24.24 g
Protein (grams)59.2 g
Sodium (milligrams)294.18 mg
Cholesterol (grams)194.82 mg