This small batch muffin recipe combine the seasonal flavors of chocolate and orange for a wonderful breakfast treat or afternoon snack.
It's Muffin Monday........
- Blueberry Orange Buttermilk Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Clementine Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Easy Cranberry Apple Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Eggnog Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Samosa Muffins from Magical Ingredients
- 'Tis the Season Muffins from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
I was inspired to make these muffins while listening to the audible version of Dean Koontz's novel The Silent Corner.
This is the first in a series featuring protagonist Jane Hawk, former FBI and widowed military wife. Jane is widowed after her husband takes his own life without any prior warning signs of depression, anxiety or insurmountable problems.
Jane doesn't believe it was suicide and begins investigating which results in her son, Travis, being threatened. Jane puts her son into hiding and delves deep into a conspiracy that is far reaching with tentacles into governmental agencies, including her FBI family.
While Jane is investigating she goes to see another recently widowed by suicide military wife. When she arrives, unexpectedly at the widow's house the widow is keeping her body and mind busy by baking dozens upon dozens of Chocolate Clementine Muffins.
This novel, is typical Dean Koontz suspense. The protagonist and good guys are very likeable and the bad guys are everywhere. The narrator does a great job and I was anxious to order up and listen to the second book of the series from my local library.
Not only will you enjoy the novel if you are a suspense fan but if you love the flavor profile of citrus with chocolate you are going to love these muffins as well.