Sunday, December 27, 2020

Shrimp Chip Dip #SundayFunday

Surprise your family and friends with the addition of this Shrimp Chip Dip on your appetizer buffet this New Years Eve.

Shrimp Chip Dip

The Sunday Funday crew are ringing in the New Year.........
Sneha of Sneha's Recipe has invited us all to share a special dish to ring in 2021.  I think we can all agree that we are happy to see 2020 come to an end and have lots of reasons to celebrate the arrival of New Year. 

I see a lot of traditional "good luck" foods in there.  I don't know about you but we feast nearly every day from Thanksgiving until January 6th when we celebrate Epiphany.  I get to the point where I can't even think about what I want to eat, let alone what I want to serve.  

Shrimp Chip Dip

So often, on New Years Eve, we just enjoy leftovers or small plates/appetizers often made with leftovers.  Perhaps Ham Salad stuffed inside Pate a Choux, or Nachos made with Leftover Turkey.  Then I add some other easy dishes to round it out.  Perhaps a Veggie Pizza Appetizer, Shrimp Cocktail or an Onion Dip for chips.

For today's celebration I decided to combine my shrimp cocktail with the ingredients needed to make chip dip.  This recipe was inspired by one found in Cuisine at Home and it is a fun, surprising and unusual dish to serve up to family and friends.

I had to admonish The Teen to leave some for other guests.  The following night she asked if I would make more.  I was able to accommodate her but was out of chips so she ate it with crackers and was happy as could be.

Shrimp Chip Dip pin

This is a great and easy recipe that I can see making time and time again as I often have all the ingredients on hand.


 

 


appetizers, dips, seafood, shrimp, easy, quick
Appetizers
American
Yield: 16 servings (2 cups)
Author: Wendy Klik
Shrimp Chip Dip

Shrimp Chip Dip

A combination of shrimp cocktail with the ingredients needed to make chip dip, this is a fun, surprising and unusual dish to serve up to family and friends.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 4 MinTotal time: 14 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1 small shallot, minced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 T. tomato paste
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 8 oz. frozen salad shrimp
  • dash of cayenne pepper
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 4 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 c. miracle whip
  • 1/4 c. prepared cocktail sauce

Instructions

  1. Heat the oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.  Add the shallots and garlic.  Cook until fragrant and softened.  Add the tomato paste, cook and stir for a couple of minutes until it darkens.  Add the lemon juice, cook and stir, scraping up any browned bits in the bottom of the pan.  Add the shrimp, season with cayenne, salt and pepper.  Cook and stir until shrimp is thawed and warmed.  Set aside to cool.
  2. Place the cream cheese, miracle whip and cocktail sauce into the bowl of a food processer.  Pulse until combined and creamy.  Remove to a bowl, stir in the shrimp mixture and serve with chips or crackers.

Notes:

Adapted from a recipe found in Cuisine at Home

Calories

83.12

Fat (grams)

5.63

Sat. Fat (grams)

1.97

Carbs (grams)

5.99

Fiber (grams)

0.52

Net carbs

5.47

Sugar (grams)

3.88

Protein (grams)

2.42

Sodium (milligrams)

236.60

Cholesterol (grams)

28.27

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have to be honest. I didn't get a chance to try it. By the time I was finishing up in the kitchen all the kids had devoured it.

      Delete
  2. Teen endorsed! This I need to make! ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss gatherings where I could have served this, but the time will come again, and I'll be ready. This Shrimp dip sounds so good, and I know it'll be a big hit with all my like minded friends as well.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.