Friday, December 4, 2020

The First Week of Advent and the Weekly Menu

 Advent is here.  Each evening during dinner we have been lighting the first of the Advent candles.  This reminds us that Christ is in our midst and that He brings with Him Hope.  In the following weeks leading up to Christmas we will be reminded that He also brings Love, Joy and Peace.  


Advent Candles and holder

My Advent wreath is this beautiful cross in which I place three purple and one pink candle.  Each week of Advent another candle is lit to remind us of the promises listed above.  The pink candle is reserved for the 3rd week.  This represents JOY and is the turning point from repentance towards celebration.

I was really suffering from a case of the doldrums yesterday.  I think Holidays during the pandemic are very hard on all of us.  As I was shuffling around feeling sorry for myself I spied my Advent Wreath and was reminded of God's love for us and the gift He sent.  It was time for me to snap out of it and count all my bountiful blessings.

So I've decided, that while this Christmas season won't be what we are used to, it can still be a time of celebration and gratitude.  Instead of large gatherings of family and friends, we will have small gatherings with those we know have been social distancing and following the recommended guidelines to control this pandemic.

I am starting tomorrow evening by inviting my sister and her husband for dinner.  We haven't seen each other since August when we could social distance outdoors and that is way too long.

Sunday, we are going to Amy and Doug's house for her annual St. Nicholas Day celebration with us, Jessica, Julien and Melody.  I am going to bring dessert.

Friday night we are having my brother and sister in law over for dinner.

The rest of the week will be quiet, getting ready for Christmas with baking and decorating.  We will be happy to be eating something other than leftovers this week.  What's on your menu?

Saturday-Dawn and Tom for Dinner
Crab Puffs and Cocktails
Caesar Salad
Tenderloin Tips Marsala
Lemony Pasta
Chocolate Cherry Brownie Bites

Sunday-Dinner at Amy's
Wreath Bundt Cake

Meatless Monday
Poached Eggs on Toast

Taco Tuesday
Taquitos

Wednesday
Chicken Stir Fry
Steamed Rice

Thursday
Tomato/Cucumber Salad
Manicotti

Fish Friday
Crab Rangoon and cocktails
Egg Rolls
Pineapple Teriyaki Salmon
Vegetable Fried Rice (using leftover rice from Wednesday)
Chocolate Pudding


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.