Friday, April 10, 2020

The Weekly Menu including a small Easter celebration

Today is Good Friday.   The day we remember our Christ suffering His terrible death upon the cross.  It makes our suffering through this pandemic seem minuscule in comparison.  We all have our crosses to bear, this just happens to be one we are all sharing around the world right now.

Good Friday Greetings 2020 - Happy Good Friday wishes Text, Messages

This has been a very difficult Lenten Season for me.  Normally I would be spending a lot of time in reflection, prayer and worship with my church family.  I have still spent time in reflection and prayer but miss the sense of community, love and compassion shared among our parish during this time.

Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of the Lord ⋆ Holy Spirit ...

This year, more than ever, I need the joy and peace brought by the Easter Resurrection and Promise.  It is hard not being able to spend Easter with my family as has always been the case but I am very blessed that Frank, Marissa and I are together, well and able to enjoy the day together.  

I will talk to all my other children and facetime with the Angel Face.  Now, more than ever before, I am grateful for the technology that makes these visits possible.  

So I am sharing our Weekly Menu and my sincere wish that this Holy Day finds you and yours safe and well.  May the promise of His Resurrection bring us all hope and peace.

Holy Saturday

Easter Sunday
Steamed Asparagus 
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars

Meatless Monday
Tortellini Primavera

Tuesday
Spinach, Artichoke and Ham Lasagna 

Wednesday
Leftover Tomato Bisque
Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Cole Slaw

Thursday
Honey Sesame Chicken
Steamed Rice
Stir Fry Vegetables

Fish Friday
Shrimp and Ham Jambalaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.