Thursday, April 30, 2020

Celebrating Anniversaries, Birthdays and Cinco de Mayo during COVID19....Here are the Menus.

I'm posting my Weekly Menu a little early for next week.  We have a lot of celebrations for which I needed to plan and prepare.

photo of couple

Saturday we will be celebrating our Wedding Anniversary.  A lot has changed in 28 years but the love and contentment I get from this man has only gotten stronger.  I can't think of anyone else with whom I would rather spend my life.

photo of man

Monday is Frank's birthday.  Four years ago we had a big party for him, as we have nearly every year since we've been married.  This year will be much different but still celebratory.

Then Cinco de Mayo actually falls on Taco Tuesday this year.  That's perfect for meal planning. In fact, if you are planning your menu check out the Taco Crepes I am sharing tomorrow.

The rest of the week will be more of the same.  We will be Staying Home/Staying Safe/Staying Well.  I hope this finds you in good health and spirits.

One of our local first responders has a wood fired pizza truck that he is setting up in the parking lot of our chiropractor's office tomorrow.  We are going to support him so I have moved my Fish Friday dinner tomorrow to be our starter for our Anniversary Dinner on Saturday.

Saturday Anniversary Dinner
Lobster Mango Salad
Grilled Filet Mignon with Zip Sauce
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Steamed Asparagus

Sunday
BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Fingerling Potato Salad
Broccoli Salad

Monday-Frank's Birthday
Chicken Marsala
Fettuccine Alfredo
Glazed Carrots
Strawberry Almond Torte

Taco Tuesday-Cinco de Mayo
Nachos made with Leftover Rib Meat
Pork Enchiladas
Refried Beans
Green Rice

Wednesday
Grilled Gyro Kababs
Homemade Pita Bread

Thursday
Smoked Sausage with Mushrooms and Onions
Leftover Fettuccine
Corn

Fish Friday
Shrimp Spring Roll Salad




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations and happy birthday!! Okay, what's zip sauce? That sounds like something I need to have in my life. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just a beef and wine reduction made popular at a steak house called Lelli's in the Detroit area. It has rosemary, garlic, worcestershire, and LOTS of butter.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and happy birthday Frank!!! So happy to know you both. You two are such very special people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Karen. I am so glad that we could get together, I will let you know the next time I'm in your neck of the woods.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.