Sunday, April 19, 2020

Garlic and Black Pepper Shrimp and the Weekly Menu

Happy Sunday.  I don't know about you but I miss going to Mass.  I miss the community and support that being a part of my parish offers.  Watching Mass on TV is just not the same.  I miss receiving the Body and Blood of my Lord each week.  And all the days seem to meld together now so that I don't even know what day it is most of the time.

The reason I know that today is Sunday is because I made this dish to celebrate National Garlic Day with the From our Dinner Table group.  Unfortunately, I lost track of the days and did not supply my recipe title in time to be included in the event.

But I still wanted to share this easy and delicious recipe with you today and also share my Weekly Menu that started yesterday.

Garlic and Black Pepper Shrimp

 This shrimp seasoned with jalapeno, garlic, black pepper and lemon juice is delicious tossed with fresh tomatoes, basil and pasta.

We are all still trying to limit our visits to the grocers which has forced me to start using food I have on hand in my freezer, pantry and refrigerator.  Luckily I am pretty well stocked and we have been getting by with Frank making only one trip to the grocers per week or every 10 days.

I try to plan my menus around what we have and write out my grocery list at the same time.  Here is what is on our menu this week, under which you will find the recipe for this Garlic and Black Pepper Shrimp.


Weekly Menu

Saturday
Grilled Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions

Sunday
Swiss Steak over Egg Noodles

Meatless Monday
Veggie Stir Fry
Steamed Brown Rice

Taco Tuesday
Chicken Enchiladas

Wednesday
Cheeseburger Pizza

Thursday
Chicken Picatta
Pasta agli e olio
Steamed Broccoli

Fish Friday
Tuna Melt Sandwiches
Homemade Chips

What's on your menu this week?  Please take the time to take care of yourself.  Eat well, exercise to relieve stress, do a puzzle or some crafty project to keep your mind busy and spend time in the kitchen or garden if that is where you find peace.  Stay Home. Stay Safe. Stay Well.




#shrimp, #pasta, #garlic,
Seafood, Entrees, Pasta
American
Yield: 3 servings
Author:

Garlic and Black Pepper Shrimp

Garlic and Black Pepper Shrimp

This shrimp seasoned with jalapeno, garlic, black pepper and lemon juice is delicious tossed with fresh tomatoes, basil and pasta.
Prep time: 10 MCook time: 15 MTotal time: 25 M

Ingredients:

  • 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • generous serving of freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • juice of half a small lemon
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 3/4 lb. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • salt to taste
  • 6 oz. pasta cooked per package directions
  • 1 roma tomato, diced
  • 4 basil leaves, rolled and sliced

Instructions:

How to cook Garlic and Black Pepper Shrimp

  1. Whisk together the jalapeno,  garlic, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.  Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
  2. Place a large skillet over med high heat.  When hot, add the shrimp, reserving the marinade.  Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the shrimp are bright orange or pink.  Remove the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
  3. Add the tomatoes to the pan with the marinade and basil.  Season with salt and cook for a moment to heat the ingredients.  Add the pasta and shrimp back to that pan.  Toss and cook until heated through.  Serve immediately
Calories
314.00
Fat (grams)
10.88
Sat. Fat (grams)
1.68
Carbs (grams)
34.16
Fiber (grams)
2.36
Net carbs
31.79
Sugar (grams)
11.80
Protein (grams)
19.78
Sodium (milligrams)
888.05
Cholesterol (grams)
142.88
Created using The Recipes Generator

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.