Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Cookbook Review: #IncredilbleOnePotCooking

I was provided a pre-release copy of  Incredible One Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess from Page Street Publishing.  This cookbook is written by my friend Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen and is being released today.  All content and opinions in this post are strictly my own and 100% truthful.

I am sharing the recipe for very first meal that I made from this cookbook with you today.  I adapted it slightly to use what I had available in my household and to suit our personal tastes.

Chicken Nachos

Chicken pieces crusted in tortilla chips and baked to a crisp golden brown topped with melted cheese, red onions, fresh tomatoes, jalapeno slices and creamy avocado.  Perfect for a quick dinner, snack or addition to a party buffet.



I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved this cookbook.  This is the most family friendly cookbook I have ever read.  I have made 4 meals so far and the Teen gobbled them all down and asked for seconds.  This would be a win all in itself but is made even better because Frank and I loved each meal as well.

Cookbook


These delicious Chicken Nachos was not the recipe that I had originally planned to share with you.  I was going to share the Spinach, Artichoke and Ham Lasagna that I made using leftover Easter Ham.

Lasagna

I don't know what happened but when I transferred the photos from my SD card to my computer they got lost in cyberspace.  I cannot find them anywhere.  I have the other files that I transferred at the same time but the Lasagna file is poof----gone. I did find a photo on my phone of the Lasagna prior to going into the oven.

Luckily, I have been cooking the heck out of this book so had other options to share with you.  I have made one meal a week from it since I received it from the publisher.

Cookbook

Each recipe I have made has contained everyday ingredients that I have on hand in my household on a regular basis.  A full page photo is shared for each recipe that are so gorgeous they have you salivating.  

Poor Man Tacos

These Poor Man's Tacos were the next recipe I made, adapting it very slightly by mixing my half pound of chorizo with a half pound of pork/beef combination that I had put together for meatballs one night.  I used a Mexican blend cheese instead of cheddar and omitted the cilantro.  Huge hit!!

Tortellini Primavera

The third recipe was this wonderful Tortellini Primavera that I made exactly as written.  It was wonderful.

This week I am making a Barbecue Chicken Casserole with Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread.  Stay tuned for that recipe coming soon.

In the meantime go and order up this cookbook.  It will be the best $20 you spend this week.  Stay Home/Stay Safe/Stay Well.




Loaded Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Nachos

Loaded Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Nachos

Yield: 4 servings (main course)
Author:
Prep time: 15 MCook time: 25 MTotal time: 40 M
Chicken pieces crusted in tortilla chips and baked to a crisp golden brown topped with melted cheese, red onions, fresh tomatoes, jalapeno slices and creamy avocado. Perfect for a quick dinner, snack or addition to a party buffet.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 c. flour
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
  • 1 c. Mexican Blend shredded cheese
  • 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
  • 2 T. minced red onion
  • 1 jalapeno, sliced into rings
  • 1 avocado, pitted and diced

Instructions:

How to cook Loaded Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Nachos

  1.  Make a dredging station with 3 shallow bowls.   In the first bowl place the flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.  Place the beaten eggs into the second bowl and the crushed tortilla chips into the third bowl.
  2. Dredge the chicken strips in the flour, then the eggs, then the tortilla chips and place them onto a baking sheet covered with parchment or a silicone mat.  Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through baking time.
  3. Remove the chicken from the oven, sprinkle with the cheese and place back in the oven for another few minutes, until cheese is melted. 
  4. Transfer to a serving platter.  Sprinkle with the onion, tomato, avocado and jalapenos.  Serve with sour cream or salsa if desired.

Notes:

Adapted from a recipe in One Pot Cooking by Megan Marlowe.
Calories
653.41
Fat (grams)
28.78
Sat. Fat (grams)
9.38
Carbs (grams)
30.35
Fiber (grams)
5.25
Net carbs
25.10
Sugar (grams)
2.04
Protein (grams)
66.53
Sodium (milligrams)
477.91
Cholesterol (grams)
265.55
#onepotmeals, #sheetpandinner, #chicken, #nachos, #cheese, #quick, #easy, #kidfriendly,
Entrees, Chicken, Family Friendly
American
Created using The Recipes Generator



4 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.