Saturday, April 4, 2020

Well what should we have for dinner this week?

I've been keeping myself busy quilting for the past few days.  It gives my mind something to focus on other than all the terrible news we've been hearing.

Table runner




I've made a table runner for John's parents using some of the fabric that they gave to me when their daughter, Linda, passed away.  She had tons of quilting items and they passed it all along to me.  I've been meaning to make them something for all these years but life got very busy and my quilting stuff never got pulled out again after the move.  Until now.  A good thing to come out of the Stay Home/Stay Safe directive.

Place mats


I also made these place mats.  I only had enough fabric for two so I am going to give them to Nicole and Pierre when we next see them.

I am making recipes for blogging events far into the future and have been reviving old recipes.  I am also working on using up all the staples that I have in my pantry.  We are very lucky to have two freezers full of meat.  We are certainly not going hungry at all.

I have noticed that I am sharing a lot more breakfast/brunch recipes.  Normally that meal was reserved for the weekends but every day is a weekend now.  What have you been doing to keep yourself busy during quarantine?

I'm still making a Weekly Menu, it helps to make me feel like I still have a little control over my life.....

Saturday
Chicken and Biscuits (with carcass in Freezer)

Sunday
Spaghetti and Polpette (Meatballs)

Meatless Monday
Minestrone Soup
Artisan Bread

Taco Tuesday
Poor Man's Tacos

Wednesday
Pulled Pork
Cole Slaw
Mac and Cheese

Thursday
Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions

Fish Friday
Grilled Garlic Shrimp
Vegetable Rice Pilaf





No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.