Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Please Join Me in Watching "The Biggest Little Farm" #FoodnFlix

Food 'n Flix

I am excited to be hosting our FoodnFlix for this month.  FoodnFlix is a fun group that gets together each month and all watch the same film chosen by one of the members.  We then make and post a recipe that was inspired by the film. At the end of the month, the host who chose the film does a roundup of all the recipes shared.  It is so much fun.  If you would like to join us you can learn how right here.

The Biggest Little Farm (2018) - IMDb

I chose the documentary The Biggest Little Farm for this month.  This was released in January 2019 and my son, Chuck, contacted me after seeing it and told me I was going to love it.  I did!!!  And I immediately contacted our leader Heather of All Roads Lead to the Kitchen and immediately secured a spot for hosting.  This spot was the first available.

This documentary follows the life of John and Molly Chester who decide to start a sustainable farm near Los Angeles, California.  John,  a documentarian by trade,  does a great job of portraying their journey filled with failures and successes, over the next several years.

The farm is called Apricot Lane Farms and is still thriving.  You can find both the Biggest Little Farm and Apricot Lane Farms on Facebook.  Apricot Lane Farms also has a blog that you can follow.

I got this film from the library, all of which are closed right now.  I think you can watch the film for free on You Tube.  It is also available for rent or sale on many of the on demand stations.

So while we are stuck inside our homes, fighting off this terrible virus that has infected our world, pop in this movie and learn about the people that want to keep our world and food safe.

Once you have watched and posted your review and recipe pop me an email at wendyklik1517@gmail.com and to Heather at heather@foodnflix.com by April 28th so that we can include you in the roundup.

I hope you all enjoy this film as much as I.  Stay home/stay safe/stay well......

12 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this month, thank you for being our host, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the YouTube tip. I had it on call at the library which, as you said, is closed. But I also wouldn't mind ordering it on Amazon if need be. This sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would like to have it on hand to watch whenever the mood strikes me.

      Delete
  3. Amazon Prime for $3.99 rental. I can't wait to watch this one. Thanks for picking it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, you got me. I haven't done one for in forever. I'll do this one. Posts due at the end of April?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.