It is Multi-Cooker Monday. Come on in.........
Let's see what we have cooked up for you today,.......
Multicooker Monday April 2020:
Recipes for Instant Pots, Slow Cookers, Sous Vide and More!
- Instant Pot Corned Beef with a BBQ Whiskey Glaze from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot Beef Tacos from Palatable Pastime
- Easy Beef Stroganoff Pasta (Instant Pot) from Food Lust People Love
- Instant Pot Creamy Broccoli Mac N Cheese from Making Miracles
- Badshahi Chicken Legs - Air Fryer from Sneha's Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marbella from Karen's KItchen Stories
We used to only enjoy Corned Beef once or maybe twice a year in our household. Always around St. Pat's Day and maybe once more for a special treat when I was going to be home to spend all day in the kitchen.
That has all changed now that I have an Instant Pot. Now we can have Corned Beef any time we want because it is ready in just a couple of hours and most of that time is hands off where you don't even need to be home.
Place the corned beef on the rack of the instant pot. Sprinkle with the seasoning packet that was included with the corned beef, add a bottle of beer, seal and cook under high pressure.
When it is done cooking, remove the fat, place it onto a broiler pan and cover with a BBQ Whiskey Glaze. Place it in a hot oven for 15 minutes, let it set for 10 minutes before slicing. Dinner is served.
The great thing about making corned beef , for me, is that always means a second dinner from the leftovers. I love making this Corned Beef Colcannon Soup Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup and Corned Beef Quesadillas
Have you hopped onto the Instant Pot Craze yet? I was nervous when I first started but now I LOVE it. It is wonderful for any of those dishes that normally take you all day long. You can be enjoying them in a fraction of the time and very little effort.
#cornedbeef, #instantpot, #bbq, #glazes, #whiskey,
Instant Pot, Entrees, Beef
Yield: 6 servings
Instant Pot Corned Beef with BBQ Whiskey Glaze
Corned Beef cooked until tender in half the time using an Instant Pot and then coated with a BBQ Whiskey Glaze and placed under a broiler until glazed and sticky. Who says Corned Beef is only for St. Patrick's Day?
Prep time: 5 MCook time: 2 hourTotal time: 2 H & 5 M
- 1 (4-5 lb) corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 2 c. water
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. whiskey
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 t. yellow mustard
- 1/2 t. ginger paste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
How to cook Instant Pot Corned Beef with BBQ Whiskey Glaze
- Place the water and beer into an Instant Pot. Add the cooking rack to the pot. Place the corned beef brisket onto the rack and sprinkle with the seasoning packet Seal the Instant Pot and set for high temperature for 90 minutes.
- The instant pot will take 10-15 minutes to build pressure before it starts counting down the 90 minutes. When the cooking is complete allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Meanwhile combine the ketchup, whiskey, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, ginger and crushed red pepper in a small sauce pan. Place over high heat, bring to a boil and cook until reduced and thickened, 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the corned beef to the rack of a broiler pan that has been covered with aluminum foil. Remove any fat layer still remaining and brush with the BBQ Whiskey glaze. Place into a 450* oven for 10-15 minutes until glaze is set, dark and sticky. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Adapted from a recipe found in Cuisine at Home, Issue #62
Sat. Fat (grams)
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator