As luck would have it, our theme for this month's Bundt Bakers was "Happy Fall Y'All". This fun theme was chosen by Teri of The Freshman Cook. Providence further smiled on my life when Melissa of Smells Like Brownies, posted this Drunken Pumpkin Bundt Cake in this months Secret Recipe Club.
I knew, immediately, that this was going to be my inspiration for Amy's Birthday Cake and it fit in perfectly with our #Bundt Bakers theme. So "Happy Fall, Y'All". This cake is moist and perfectly spiced. It was a huge hit with our family and Amy was very pleased with her dessert. This would be perfect for any of the Holiday dinners or potlucks you may be attending. Enjoy.
Spiced Rum Pumpkin Bundt
adapted from Smells Like Brownies
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 c. sugar
2 c. pumpkin puree, canned or homemade
1/3 c. spiced rum
3 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
3 T. unsalted butter, melted
3 T. spiced rum
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
lge. pinch of salt
Treat a bundt pan liberally with baking spray. Set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar in the large bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment. When mixture is pale and stiff, add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
In a small bowl combine the pumpkin puree and rum. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Mix in the flour mixture alternated with the pumpkin mixture on low speed until combined, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
Spoon the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 60-75 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake removes cleanly. Remove from oven and cool, in the pan, on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning the cake onto the wire rack to cool completely.
When cake is cooled, melt the butter in a 2 c. measuring cup by placing it in the microwave on high for 15-20 seconds. Remove when melted and allow to cool. Add the powdered sugar, salt and rum to the butter and stir until smooth. Pour from measuring cup onto the cake. Print Recipe
More Happy Fall Y'all Creations
- Apple, Pear and Honey Cider Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are the Crumbs
- Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Cookaholic Wife
- Bundt Cake de Chocolate Blanco y Moras by La Mejor Manera de hacer
- Chestnut Cream Marbled Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Ginger and Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Bundt by Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Jack O'Lantern Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Persimmon Apple Bundt by Tea and Scones
- Poached Pear and Cranberry Bundt Cake with Maple Mascarpone Frosting by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake by Patty's Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Bundt by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Caramel Drizzle by Living the Gourmet
- Robert E. Lee Bundt Cakeby The Queen of Scones
- Spiced Rum Pumpkin Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sticky Pecan Pie Bundt by Food Lust People Love
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.