Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Chopped Apple Salad #AppleWeek

Welcome to Day 2 of Apple Week. Apple Week is being hosted by two fabulous ladies,  Carlee of Cooking with Carlee and Ellen of Family Around the Table. I kicked off the celebration yesterday with this Maaaaahvelous Cocktail so I decided to share something healthy with you today.


I served this Chopped Apple Salad as a side dish when I hosted a Soup Swap Party at our house.  It was perfect.  I made it ahead of time, using a mixture of dark leafy greens and  tossing the apples in lemon juice to keep them gorgeous and put it in the refrigerator.


When it was time to serve I simply tossed it with the AHmazing Pomegranate Vinaigrette and placed it on the buffet.  I served the Blue Cheese on the side for two reasons.  Some folks are not blue cheese crazy (I know, I know....sad but true) and this salad is completely #FMD friendly and perfect for my eating plan without the Blue  Cheese.  I confess, that I cheated and added Blue Cheese to my salad and it was worth every bite!!



Chopped Apple Salad

1 lg. handful of dark leafy greens per person
1 apple for every 2 persons, try to use several different varieties
Blue Cheese to taste
1/2 c. pomegranate juice
1/4 c. olive oil
1 T. agave syrup
salt and pepper to taste

Place the greens and apples in a large bowl.  Place the juice, olive oil, agave, salt and pepper in a small jar with a lid.  Shake until well combined.  Pour desired amount over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Blue Cheese or serve Blue Cheese on the side.  Serve with any remaining dressing, allowing people to add more if desired.  Print Recipe

Monday: Appetizers and Drinks

Tuesday: Main Dishes and Sides

Wednesday: Sweet Treats

Thursday: Apple Projects

Friday: Anything Apple Goes



12 comments:

  1. Holy moly that's a lot of apple recipes!!! How fun. Maybe I need to go apple picking on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue cheese to taste - isn't that the truth about blue. It's a great flavor but in moderation. Yay for apple season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love a good salad with fruit and bleu cheese. A nice big plate of this would make me one happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having salads and dinner time and this sounds like a great one to add to my rotation! I'm loving checking out everything apart of Apple Week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link to all the apple recipes! I make a salad similar to yours, but add toasted walnuts for crunch - it's delicious! Have a great day, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, Vickie, I had intended to add nuts but forgot them. I am sure the nuts would have made this salad even better.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.