Monday, February 2, 2015

#TripleSBites,Spicy, Saucy, Sexy Bites for Valentines and Beyond.....Let's start with Spicy

It's here!!!  It has finally arrived!!!  I am so excited to share this event with all of you.  I have made a great line up of recipes for you to share with that special someone or someone's that you love.  Many of these dishes are family friendly and party friendly.  Not only am I proud to share my recipes with you but below this post you will find a linkup to all those other bloggers participating so you can see what they brought to the table each day.


I thought I would start off the event with something spicy.  This Spicy Citrus Shrimp is a great start to a meal.  I often serve it as a first course paired with a sparkling wine to offset the heat a bit.  If you love shrimp and spice you could certainly serve this on a bed of rice as a main course but, alas, my sweetie is not crazy about spice nor heat.



Yesterday, I introduced you to all of the sponsors for this event.  Today, I am highlighting Gourmet Garden, whose products I used in this recipe.  I will disclose right now that Gourmet Garden gifted me with some wonderful products for participating in this event.  That being said I want you to know that I use their products regularly. My high opinion of their product was not influenced by this and I received no monetary compensation for this post.


Home

Make sure you stop by yesterday's post to enter the raffle in which Gourmet Garden and many other wonderful sponsors are giving away gifts to you, our readers.

Spicy Citrus Shrimp
adapted from Cuisine at Home, Issue #42

12 Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 T. flour
2 T. butter, melted
juice from one orange
1/4 t. Gourmet Garden Chile paste or to taste
1 T. lime juice
1 t. kosher salt
1/4 c. mango, peeled and diced
1 T. sliced scallions

Dust shrimp with flour and place in glass baking dish.  Combine orange juice, chile paste, lime juice and salt.  Pour over shrimp and toss to coat.  Bake in preheated 450* oven for 7 minutes.  Stir and cook for another 7 minutes.  Garnish with Mango and Scallion before serving.  Print Recipe

I received products from Gourmet Garden for participating in this event.  I was not required to use these items nor was I compensated monetarily for using these items.  All opinions are honest and 100% mine.  That being said, I love Gourmet Garden products and use them regularly in all my cooking and recipes.

An InLinkz Link-up

12 comments:

  1. YUMM! Those shrimp look fantastic!! Great use of the Gourmet Garden paste too - I still haven't used my chile paste, but I need to give it a try soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah. I only use a touch because hubby is spice sensitive but I love the spice. Opposites attract LOL

      Delete
  2. These sound perfect to me! Bring on the shrimp and make them spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shrimps sounds fantastic! I love the deliciousness that is Gourmet Garden. They are oh so tasty and handy. I used some tonight for dinner. Pinned, of course. I can't wait to try your shrimp recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweet and spicy combination- esp with seafood. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, it is a regular around here and I think you would enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. Love the addition of fruit, with shrimp and spice! A perfect romantic dinner option! Yum, Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great use for the chili paste! Yeah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I usually would use chipotles in adobo but then I would waste most of the can. This works out much better.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.