Today we are celebrating the Red Carpet as we all gather around to watch the Oscars. My family likes snacking when we watch tv. Normally, Frank makes popcorn but today is not just any Sunday when you sit around watching tv...tonight is Oscar night, so I decided to amp it up a bit by making Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels. Or that was the plan anyway but sometimes my plans go awry.
The good thing about Sunday Supper is that it is normally a casual affair eaten with family and close friends so if things go wrong it is not really a tragedy just a minor inconvenience or as in this case....A Happy Accident.
Aren't these the saddest little pinwheels you have ever seen in your life??
But the taste was perfect....So never judge a book by it's cover.
I made my garlic herb cheese and I attempted to spread it onto the roasted red pepper and make pinwheels but they didn't turn as I had hoped. I don't know if it was because I tried to cut corners and use jarred red peppers or if it was because my idea was off. Whatever the reason the pinwheels were not as beautiful as I had imagined.
But I popped one into my mouth and it was heavenly. The herb cheese melted into the roasted red pepper and it was just divine. So I put on my thinking cap and decided to create a new dish. I threw everything back into the food processor, pulsed it a few times and Voila!! Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Cheese Spread....Life is good.
Please check out all the other great Red Carpet recipes at the bottom of this post.
Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Cheese
3 oz. Neufchatel Cheese
1 jar Roasted Red Peppers in Olive Oil with Garlic
1 t. garlic paste
1 T. Fresh Italian Herbs
1 T. heavy cream
Place all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until combined. Place into a small bowl and serve on crackers or use as a dip for fresh vegetables. Print Recipe
And since victoriously turned this recipe around I am going to share it at Small Victories Sunday.
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma's Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu's Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement