Thursday, February 5, 2015

I Give You My Heart (of Palm Salad) for #TripleSBites

Hello again from the Spicy, Saucy, Sexy World of #TripleSBites.  All week a group of 20 bloggers are sharing their ideas and recipes for Valentines Day and Beyond.  This wonderful concept was  the brainchild of Camilla who blogs over at Culinary Adventures with Camilla.

Not only did she gather all of us together but she also rounded up a huge group of sponsors who provided us with products to use and to give away to you, our readers.  You can sign up for the giveaway here.  I am very pleased to share our group of sponsors with you and to thank them all, once again, for their support and generosity.


Today I am offering to you my heart.....of palm salad that I made for my sweetheart.  He loved it and I think your Valentine will love it too.

It was almost as if one of our sponsors, Acala Farms, knew what my menu was before they sent out their products.  My salad was found on FoodandWine.com and called for a Cilantro Vinaigrette.  I thought that I would be using Cilantro from Gourmet Garden but then I received a wonderful bottle of Cilantro Cottonseed Oil from Acala Farms and knew I was golden!!  I was not required to use the products from Acala Farms and I was not compensated for doing so but I was extremely pleased with the results and I am happy to share those results with you.

The dressing called for fresh cilantro leaves chopped and pureed with olive oil.  I just used the Cilantro Cottonseed Oil and it was perfect.  This was a very nice salad, with a wonderful brightness from the citrus.


Hearts of Palm Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
adapted from Food&Wine. com

Dressing
1/2 T. shallot, finely diced
1/2 T. red wine vinegar
1 1/2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 t. honey
1/4 c. Cilantro Cottonseed Oil
salt and pepper to taste

1 bag mixed salad greens
1 navel orange, peeled and cut into sections
1 can Hearts of Palms, drained and sliced into coins
1/2 pint grape tomatoes

Mix together dressing ingredients in a small jar.  Shake vigorously to blend.

Combine salad ingredients onto 4 plates.  Drizzle with dressing.  Print Recipe



                    

This post contains affiliate sites which means I receive a small stipend should you purchase products using these links.

15 comments:

  1. Yummy! What a fantastic idea to use the cottonseed oil in a vinaigrette - I will definitely have to give that a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked out very well. I think you will be pleased with the results Rebekah.

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried my oil in a dressing. Why didn't I think of that?! Thanks for sharing, Wendy. This salad looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked great for the dressing. I am anxious to try other flavors.

      Delete
  3. I simply love the titles of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great recipe for #TripleSBites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that's brilliant to use the oil in dressing why didn't I think of that? Totally excited to make a salad now haha.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.