The rules this month could not be simpler:
Chocolate in all its forms. Chocolate candy, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cocoa, bittersweet, semi-sweet, white chocolate. If cocoa beans, cocoa butter or cocoa solids are involved, it's fair game for a Bundt.I am so looking forward to seeing what everyone baked for us this month. You will find links to their bundt cakes at the bottom of this post.
Those of you who follow me know that I have challenged myself to use every one of my cookbooks from my vast collection at least once this year. Many years ago we were on a trip to Hershey, PA, the birthplace of Hershey Chocolate, and I bought a cookbook called "Hershey's Classic Recipes".
The recipe I used for today's post is adapted from this cookbook. The recipe is called Chocolate Raspberry Pound Cake and called for Raspberry Preserves and Frozen Raspberries. I didn't have Raspberry Preserves, but I did have Strawberry Preserves that I bought last year from a local farmer's market. I used fresh strawberries for the puree and I whipped my own cream instead of using non dairy whipped topping.
I was attracted to this recipe because it is easy peasy. You throw everything into one bowl and mix it up. Then you turn it into the pan and bake it. How easy is that??
Mix everything together in one bowl and pour it into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350* for 50-60 minutes.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Turn onto a cooling rack.
While still warm, brush with melted strawberry preserves.
Let cool completely.
Make strawberry puree and strain through a fine mesh sieve.
Whip cream with sugar and amaretto.
Add strawberry puree to the whipped cream and fill cavity of cake.
Garnish with reserved strawberries.
Chocolate Strawberry Pound Cake
adapeted from Hershey's Classic Recipes
1 c. strawberry preserves, divided
2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. baking cocoa
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2/3 c. buttere, softened
1 (16 oz) dairy sour cream
1 t. vanilla
Heat oven to 350*. Spray bundt pan with baking spray.
Place 3/4 c. strawberry preserves in a 2 c. glass measuring cup and microwave for 30-45 seconds, until melted. Set aside to cool.
Stir together dry ingredients in large bowl of stand mixer. Add butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for a few minutes, until well blended. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Place remaining 1/4 c. preserves in a small microwave safe bowl and micorwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
Turn cake onto a cooling rack and poke holes into the cake with the skewer used to test it. Brush the melted preserves over the cake. Allow to cool completely. Transfer to a serving platter.
1 qt. Strawberries, hulled with some set aside for garnish
1/2 pint heavy cream
1 T. powdered sugar
2 T. Amaretto Liqueur
Puree hulled strawberries in a food processor. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl. Refrigerate.
Place heavy cream in small bowl of stand mixer. Using whisk attachment beat until it starts to thicken. Add sugar and amaretto, whisk until light and fluffy. Fold in pureed strawberries.
Fill cavity of cake with the Strawberry Cream. Garnish with reserved strawberries. Print Recipe
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Here are February's Chocolate themed Bundt Bakers:
- Apricot Almond Bundt Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache by Cassandra at Cassie's Kitchen
- Blackforest Bundt Cake by Anshie at SpiceRoots
- Chocolate and Almonds Bundt Cake by Kathia at Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate and Lavender Bundt Cake by Aisha at La Cocina de Aisha
- Chocolate & Rose Bundt Cake with Spiced Rose Ganache by Lara at Tartacadabra
- Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Beatriz & Mara at I love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bundt Cake by Julie at Eat, Drink, and Be Mighty
- Chocolate Crumb Bundt by Catherine at Living the Gourmet
- Chocolate Custard Floating Island Bundt Cake by Jelena at A Kingdom For a Cake
- Chocolate Honeycomb Bundt by Sue at Just Sew Sue
- Chocolate Irish Cream Bundt by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Chocolate Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Strawberry Pound Cake by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cider White Chocolate Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Glaze by Patricia at Patty's Cake
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Bundt Cake by Linda at Brunch with Joy
- Devil's Food Chocolate Bundt Cake by Tanya at DessertStalking Blog
- Double Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake by Carola at En La Cocina de Caro
- False Chocolate Bundt Cake by Anna at Media RaciÛn Doble, Por Favor
- Guava and Chocolate Bundt by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- How the Grinch Stole Valentine's Day by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Kickin Chocolate Bundt Cake by Kaylin at Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Lemon Glazed White Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake Mini Bundts by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Mars Bar Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Marshmallows Chocolate Bundt Cake by Shilpi at SimplyVeggies
- Quadruple Chocolate Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Red Velvet Bundt with White Chocolate Roses by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Sacher Bundt Cake by Esti at Mummy & Cute
- Spicy Chocolate Mini Bundt Cake by Rocio at Kids & Chic
- Triple Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Triple Chocolate Threat Bundt by Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Tunnel of Fudge Bundt Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- White Chocolate & Raspberries Bundt Cake by Samantha at Un Mordisco Un Pecado