Saturday, February 8, 2014

Waiting for Florida and the Weekly Menu

Wooooohoooooooo.  It is almost time for my Florida trip.  Not only will we get to see our daughter and son in law...Not only will we get to spend time with our great niece and nephew....Not only will we get to go scuba diving.....But we will be out of the snow!!!!!!   We will be in sunshine and 80*.  I am just a little bit excited.  A lot of this week will be spent getting ready for that trip but we still have to eat so there is a menu even if it is an abbreviated one.

I think tonight I am going to have Frank take me out to dinner and a movie.  I want to see August: Osage County

Tomorrow, Frank's family is coming for dinner.  Mom's 90th birthday is coming up and we were going to surprise her by having the entire family go on a cruise together.  Then the more we thought about it the more we began to worry that if it turned out to be a mistake it was going to be a very expensive mistake.  We would still like to do this but not as a surprise because she mentioned to Roz that she would like to go back to Vegas but doesn't think she is up to flying any longer.  So we are all getting together and tossing the idea to her so that she can decide if this is something she would like to do. 

Monday will be a quick meal before Parish Council Meeting.

On Try it Tuesday I am making a new Pizza Dish.  This will cover both Try it Tuesday and A Year of Pizza.

Wednesday we are meeting our Traverse City family halfway for dinner so we can grab Lil for Florida.

Thursday......Sunshine and 80's!!!



Saturday
Out for dinner and a movie

Sunday-Dinner with Family
Corn Chowder
City Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Sauerkraut with Kielbasa
Glazed Carrots
Chocolate Bread Pudding with German Chocolate Sauce

Meatless Monday
Macaroni and Cheese
Steamed Green Beans

Try it Tuesday
Pizza Bake

Wednesday
Dinner out

Thursday
Dinner at Nicole's

Friday
Dinner out




4 comments:

  1. I hope Aunt Jane can go on the cruise! Please say hi to Roz for me. Wendy, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, I will and I hope we get to take Mom on the cruise also. It has always been a dream of hers, I just hope we didn't wait too long to make her dream a reality.

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous you get to go to Florida. We got another two inches of snow during the night. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.